seizure diaries ???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have continued with the online diaries especially since I can quickly add an entry on the fly from my mobile phone with internet access. I mentioned in an earlier post that I've used epilepsy.com and seizure tracker. I decided to finally narrow it down to one for convenience sake of course. Both are very good, and I like the icons with epilepsy.com-the way it displays. Seizure tracker however allows for one step entry of information (notes, triggers as well as the seizure event itself are all listed on one page to check off as applicable), so I have ultimately decided this is a less harried way, since I'm not the world's most organized person. Less steps are better for me!

That is really great that you have taken the time to find what works for you. I am glad that we can all share what works and why.

I think the diaries that we are speaking of here is the type that you can grab and take to the doctor. Mine is on a calendar that is in a notebook. In fact I just copied off six more months. The last three months only has one mark.... woohooo!!!

I also have a journal of Rebecca's story at the blog below, and here at CWE. I do believe that these stories help others to find ways to cope. It will also show you the path that you have taken. I have read some of my past posts, and I have to stop and try to remember even writing it. A lot occurs on this roller coaster, but I have learned a lot.

I hope you keep a diary / journal / calendar of events, so you can track regression or progress. It also helps with finding triggers and alerts you on ways to avoid them.

You are lucky if your doctor will read your blog. I know mine wouldn't. They did say they might come check out CWE, but to get medical information from a blog, it just wouldn't happen in our case.

I like having three years of info in a notebook. I have color coded it so that I can quickly look at the activity that occurred last year at this time and compare the difference. This past visit our doctor photocopied a few of the pages for her records.

Every situation is different. I am glad how you approach it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom