Seizure in front of my dad

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
Today my Dad had to come into town to drop somethings off to me so I jokingly asked Mum yesterday when I spoke to her if he could take me to the bank. She said of course.

When Dad picked me up we weren’t long he took me to the mall so I could go to the bank then took me home. While we were driving home I must’ve fell had another complex partial seizure just before we got to my place. I don’t remember much except Dad taking me to the door making sure I was ok and me saying I was going to have a sleep then going to have a sleep.

When I got up there were missed messages from mum asking me to ring when I got up because Dad was worried. Apparently Dad was worried about me and wanted mum to go in and check on me (they live 30 mins away). Mum knows how I am when i have my seizures better than Dad so assured him it would be fine and as soon as I had my nap I’d ring her to let them know how I was.

Dad had seen me have seizures before but this is the 1st seizure he’s seen since my surgery 9 years ago.

Hi CQ,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a seizure and I hope you are feeling better now. My mom always worried about me when I was a kid
if I had a seizure and just like your Dad my Dad is used to seeing seizures because he has 2 or 3 cousins that have seizures so he's been
around it most of his life.

I still have seizures even though I had surgery but the seizures aren't a bad as they were before and not that often either. The surgery
reduced them 50-60% and I'm grateful.

I've found that if I lay down after a seizure I feel worse than if I keep going on and working. This past week I've had a lot more seizures
than usual and I think a lot of it has to do with the stress of the virus and if I will be able to go back to work.

I wish you only the best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Thanks Sue
My seizures had been really good for a while aswell, even my headaches had reduced. Until last week I woke with a mild headache which lasted 2 days.

I also had a seizure last night and had a post seizure migraine. I had to get up in the early hours of the morning to take something. I still had a bad headache this morning which continued. After my nap and some pain killers I think I got rid of the headache 🤞🏻.

I usually get a bad headache or migraine after a seizure, most of my seizures are at night so I can just sleep them of but if they’re in the day and I’m at home I’ll have a nap because of of the headache.

Hi CQ,

Just like you I woke up with a headache this morning but I think mine is do to the low pressure and rain we are getting here now.
I used to get wicked migraines then the seizures came when I was a kid after awhile the migraines stopped but the seizures still happen.

Try doing some cold water therapy. Which is take a washcloth a put cold water on it, then put it on your face and the back of your neck
by doing this you are calming down the neurons in the brain and this sometimes helps with the headaches also. I had to do this in a
medical study along with taking my temp 3 times a day at the same time and anytime I felt a seizure start. I kept the data and the professor
found each time before a seizure my temp would go up a degree or 2 which in turn fired up the neurons triggering seizures for me but
with the cold water therapy it reduced my seizures and I was able to sleep better also. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I understand about your mom wanting you to call. If I don't answer when my mom calls, she gets worried about me & texts my husband. Usually, its just because I'm in the shower or doing some work upstairs. I don't care to carry my phone to every room as I do housework.

I understand about your mom wanting you to call. If I don't answer when my mom calls, she gets worried about me & texts my husband. Usually, its just because I'm in the shower or doing some work upstairs. I don't care to carry my phone to every room as I do housework.
I do too. Especially as I live alone and there were a couple of times she got calls to say I was in hospital or about to go to hospital.

When the seizures 1st returned in 2002 mum was more over protective and liked me to ring a couple of times a day. But after the brain surgery we cut it down to once a day.

I usually always keep a phone with me when I'm in the house. This is so that if I need to call or answer it then I don't have to spend 3 hours looking for it. If my parents, or ex-husband, would call and I didn't answer the phone it scares them to death. If I would be having more seizures than I normally do then either someone would txt me or I would txt them to let them know I'm ok. When I go back to the number of seizures I normally have then then the calls or txts don't have to happen as often.

I usually always keep a phone with me when I'm in the house. This is so that if I need to call or answer it then I don't have to spend 3 hours looking for it. If my parents, or ex-husband, would call and I didn't answer the phone it scares them to death. If I would be having more seizures than I normally do then either someone would txt me or I would txt them to let them know I'm ok. When I go back to the number of seizures I normally have then then the calls or txts don't have to happen as often.
My mobile phones always nearby aswell. I only talk to mum once a day now but it always near where I sit on the lounge room.
Even at work I have it on my desk but have it on silent (vibrate only). If I am just ducking out to the shop across the road or see my best friend in the next street I still take my phone. It has a copy of my medic alert details in the pocket of my phone cover. I haven’t had a bad seizure since the surgery but we all know epilepsy is unpredictable.

Back
Top Bottom