seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
When I woke up I felt great - a little tired, but then it was around 5 am so that seemed reasonable.

I was really hungry so I went down and made some food - a heavy cream milk shake, and mixed some leftovers into a casserole type thing, cutting up a tomato to add to it. I took my food upstairs and discovered that I was too tired to eat one bite. I sort of felt like I did when I was on lamictal - I was hungry and wanted to eat but putting food in my mouth seemed in the realm of impossibility.

So I took the food back down and walked back up the stairs and laid down. Then my heart was racing - thats the first sign of a seizure I noticed. I slept for a few hours, and woke up tired and hungry again. I ended up sleeping the bulk of the day though not continously

I'm also wondering about something else. I read a post by someone that said they had to go to the bathroom immediately after having a seizure. So would all of the sudden having to go to the bathroom so badly it hurts to hold it be a sign of having a seizure? especially if you just went maybe 20 minutes before hand

Last edited:
Mmmmmmmmm

I just noticed this post. I'm sorry I missed it before somehow.

You know, I don't know about the bathroom thing. It's a possibility, I suppose. My t/c's are always very, very violent, and I usually break something during them.....including bones....but I don't recall ever having had this problem before....

Perhaps you ought to run this past your doctor....

Yeah, maybe a call to the doctor. Have you had your blood levels checked lately? You may need you medication adjusted.

I hope you get to feeling better.

I wouldn't think that would always be a sign, but it could be something that your mind connects to the event.
Constipation can be a trigger.

A while back I would sometimes feel very "tingly" and uncomfortable in my bladder after a seizure. Emptying it helps but I try to keep my bladder & bowels as empty as possible & that seems to help me keep the seizures at bay (not recently though).

I experience the same tired feelings either before or after a seizure sometimes, just happened a few minutes ago...lol I just feel like moving at all is a major effort. Then, just as soon as it came, it goes and i feel fine. I just started another semester of school (all online now tha I cant drive) and i noticed that after a long day of staring at the computer and reading I get a few partials and the tired deal. It really sucks, but i am going to battle through it. Since going to school is my job now, I wont accept anything less than A's.

Anyway, i am on 3kmg Keppra, 100mg lamictal, and 300mg seroquel everyday. What are you on? The doctor just added the lamictal on my last visit. uuuggghhhhhhhhhh...I f'in hate pills.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom