seizures again???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I hate hate hate epilepsy. After no seizures for months, I had some experiences for the past few days that I suspected were simple partials (auras) but decided to ignore them. Then last night I had 3 or 4 complex partial seizures. For the moment, I am deciding to think of this as an isolated incident.

If it happens again, I'll have to call my neuro. I really really really don't want to. He'll probably want to add another med to what I am taking. We can't increase my dose of Lamictal, it is already as high as it can get. I have heard so many stories of AEDs causing cognitive problems. I already have so many caused by my brain injury I can't afford any more. But I can't afford seizures either. I spend my days alone with 2 little kids.

I have diabetes and my diet is already limited and I doubt I can find a better diet than the one I am on. I don't use artificial sweeteners at all. I take a lot of vitamins (which seem to have improved my immune system dramatically by the way) - no mega doses except B6 (200mg prescribed by my RX for TBI issues)

I am scared. I don't want my seizures to generalize. I don't want to have a complex seizure while the kids are playing outside. I don't want seizures at all!!!!!!

Kerin:cry:

Hi Kerin, is your diet similar to the LGIT? Talk to your doc(s) about it. It might be helpful for both diabetes and your seizures.

You can also look into neurobehavioral therapy (see [ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=projectmana0a-20&path=tg/detail/-/0802774652/ref=ase_projectmana0a-20?v=glance&s=books[/ame] if you can't afford to see Dr. Andrews) or EEG neurofeedback to help train your brain not to seize.

I already use the glycemic index when planning my meals. I also try to eat more protein and good fats than other foods. I like to snack on nuts. Especially almonds.

I did not know that I shouldn’t be taking calcium at the same time as my meds. That could be a big part of the problem. I only recently started taking a more soluble kind of calcium and I’ve been taking it at the same time I take my meds in the evening. I’ll change that immediately and start taking it at noon. It could be effecting my diabetes med as well. I appreciate the info. Thanks you.

Back
Top Bottom