Seizures associated with sunlight

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
[FONT="Comic Sans [SIZE="4"]
[/SIZE]Ok... I was wondering if anyone has had the same thing I have had... I have now had 2 seizures within 5 months, both of them were associated with the sunlight flashing in and out of the trees... Please anyone that has had this happen please write back to me and let me know if your have been treated... Thanks

Yeah I notice that too...but I try not to curse out the trees or the sun as it's not their fault I'm this way...last time it was bad was on the highway...this long row of repetitive trees kept going for about a mile and was making me feel sick...I don't drive though...I'm always in the passenger side...I've tried laying down and/or covering my eyes till whatever is bothering me passes...but sometimes it makes it worse...it just depends...the only thing that seems to get me through is focusing on one thing intensely and doing my best to drown everything else out...

You know like a "follow your inner voice" kind of thing :)

Last edited:
I have noticed this now a lot since my second surgery in 3/2013 where they removed a piece of my parietal lobe. The reflective sunlight is especially bad for me now at the height of winter when we have so much snow and the light is bouncing off the snow and through the trees and its like a strobe light. I have also become increasingly photosensitive with this past surgery mentioned above. I would recommend sunglasses if you don't already have them and I also find that closing my eyes makes it worse. Hope it helps

I even remember the date. It was Jan. 2 of this year. It was a sunny day and there was snow on the ground but it was begining to melt so it was easy to walk so it was nice and bright outside. I never thought a thing about it affecting E I just thought it would help my depression. So I took off and had walked quite a bit when I had a simple parcial. I was so scared It was going to turn into a CP or TC. I could just feel it. Two Rivers was just half a block away. I managed to get there and they knew me helped me out, took me home on the bus and got the nurse from the center to stay with me and get me Xanax. I was kinda out of it the rest of the day. How lucky I was. I live in a little town of 1,200.

Back
Top Bottom