Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Burke914

New
Reaction score
I've had epilepsy all my life, fairly well controlled by medicine. Just this past couple years I have experienced an electric like pain from my face, down into my back, and into my leg. After my neurologist dismissed it, he sent me to a pain clinic. I have since seen another neurologist, and she confirmed my pain has been caused by seizure activity.

My question is has anyone else felt electric like sensations in their lower back, down their leg or even in their face? It's a very lonely feeling, and scary feeling.
Thanks.

Hi Burke914, welcome to CWE!

I've only experienced the "electric shock" sensation a few times. I know many CWE members have mentioned it though -- you're definitely not alone! It's a distressing feeling, and I hope the neurologist was able to make some recommendation for a med to treat it.

Best,
Nakamova

Hello Burke914

I felt real sad when I read this "It's a very lonely feeling, and scary feeling."

My Son has E not me. He has described having pins and needles (feeling) on the inside not outside (seizure), can only imagine that what you describe and that which my Son describes to be, scary and lonely and very bizarre feelings :( brain is soo complex

Thank goodness you got a 2nd opinion...and that your seizures have been well reasonably well controlled. Did the 2nd doc give any input? Med advice?

warm welcome to CWE. No doubt the CWE crew will be in with their input..

I finally met a doctor that believes the pain I experience is from my seizures. I am finally at a point in my life where I am ready to get ready for brain surgery, although there is no guarantee. I just don't know how to manage these new seizures. I'm 29, and never thought I'd be having new types of seizures.

I am glad you have a doc that is listening to you and your body...

My Son is 26 and we are also trying so many alternatives in conjunction with his meds, one example, he is undergoing neuro-therapy/bio feedback (brain training)

Have you taken a close look for the potential trigger for these new seizures?

Surgery, when your seizures are reasonably well controlled?

I have felt that pain. I described it as electric shock feeIling. I also described it as tortuous and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I have felt it in various places.

I have had this pain/feeling quite a bit.
Though I never linked it to seizures, I just assumed it's from old injuries or my fibromyalgia acting up.

Welcome to CWE!

I hope that you are able to find more answers and that you start to feel some relieve soon!

Back
Top Bottom