Seizures Increasing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Here's wishing all of you well. I sure don't know what's going on but since this last Saturday my seizures have been happening
in clusters. I had 5 on this past Saturday 2 on Sunday and then on Tuesday I had another seizure. I don't know what the heck is
happening and I'm a little concerned for 2 days straight I had wicked headaches also that wouldn't go away until Monday.
The only thing that I have noticed that is different is I am taking Diamox but my pharmacy gave me a different brand of it
and I'm worried that could be the problem. I also wonder if the eclipse had anything to do with it. All I know is I have been
staying home and I'm not going any place until I can get in to see a new neuro. My other neuro retired so I have a feeling it's
going to be awhile. Thanks for letting me vent. I wish all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hello. hope you're feeling better, and the seizure clusters & headaches end. I know it's a pain when you have more than one seizure in a day. Thankfully, I haven't had any complex partials since my neuro raised my Xcopri to 250mg/night from 200. Let's see how long it lasts.

They asked me to have a stereo EEG done. I said I would--IF insurance will cover the full cost, & they think I'll really get anything from it. I'm STILL paying off the copay from last year's Video EEG!

Hi Sabbo,
I'm feeling better it's just bothering me as to why I had so many seizures in a couple of days.
I'm sorry that you are still having to pay for your Video EEG it seems like ins. should have covered it especially
if you Dr. ordered it to be done. I hope you never have a single seizure of any type ever again.
I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

... my pharmacy gave me a different brand of it ...

That would be my suspicion. Have you tried talking to the doc/pharmacy to see if they can prescribe the brand you were taking previously? My wife had a heck of a time when the pharmacy switched her from brand name Dilantin to generic phenytoin many years ago. It can make a difference.

Hi Folks,

I want to thank all of you for your support and let you know I'm looking into seeing a neuro who can
do a few tests on me to find out what's going on. I just hope I don't have to wait to long.
I can't help but wonder if it's the different form of Diamox that isn't working for me that I received a
couple of days ago that may be triggering the seizures or maybe my body has just gotten used to
the seizure meds I've been taking all these yrs.
Wishing all of you only the Best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom