sensory seizure.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tarnie23

New
Reaction score
throughout my life Ive always had what i now believe to be a partial seizure where either i feel like im falling, or i feel like im going round and round in circles or when im walking it wont seem real like im walking on air is the only way i can describe it, i was wondering is this just me or is there anyone else with similar experiences? :ponder:

Hi tarnie23!

I don't get partial seizures, so I can't help you there, but I just wanted to welcome you to CWE. We have plenty of members with experience with partials, so I'm sure you'll hear from them.

Best,
Nakamova

Besides hypoglycemia the thought of the cerebellum or ear come to mind. I become dizzy/lightheaded when my bloodsugar is low and I need to increase it, only rarely without that cause, possibly seizure related.

I looked up cerebellum and dizziness and found a website that lists an incredible number of possible culprits including epilepsy:

www dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/

good luck on finding a simple cause that is easily controlled!

Hi tarnie23!

I don't get partial seizures, so I can't help you there, but I just wanted to welcome you to CWE. We have plenty of members with experience with partials, so I'm sure you'll hear from them.

Best,
Nakamova
Thankyou Nakamova
you all seem like a friendly bunch of people, hopefully friendlier then the last site i went on :)

Besides hypoglycemia the thought of the cerebellum or ear come to mind. I become dizzy/lightheaded when my bloodsugar is low and I need to increase it, only rarely without that cause, possibly seizure related.

I looked up cerebellum and dizziness and found a website that lists an incredible number of possible culprits including epilepsy:

www dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/

good luck on finding a simple cause that is easily controlled!
hello daydreamer
i looked up cerebellum and it def wasnt that and it doesnt sound like the other one either as i dont get dizzy and lose my balance, its more it happens in my head if that makes sence its all very hard to explain unless you have had similar experiences :(
but thankyou for the reply.
are you diabetic then?

tarnie23, you seizures may originate in the parietal lobe. The parietal lobe plays a role in visual/spatial integration and coordination. Symptoms associated with Parietal lobe epilepsy are below. I've bolded the more relevant ones:

Somatosensory Seizures: These are the most common type of seizure in parietal epilepsies. Patients with these types of seizures describe feeling physical sensations of numbness and tingling, heat, pressure, electricity and/or pain. Pain, though a rare symptom in seizures overall, is quite common in parietal seizures, occurring in up to one quarter of patients. Some patients describe a typical “Jacksonian march”, in which the sensation “marches” in a predictable pattern from the face to the hand up the arm and down the leg.

Somatic Illusions: During a somatic illusion, another common symptom of parietal seizures, patients may experience a feeling like their posture is distorted, that their arms or legs are in a weird position or are in motion when they are not, or that a part of their body is missing or feels like it does not belong.

Vertigo: Patients with parietal seizures may experience a sensation of movement or spinning of the environment, or of their body within the environment.

Visual Illusions and Hallucinations: Patients with visual illusions report a distortion of visual perception: objects seem too close, too far, too large, too small, slanted, moving or otherwise not right. A patient with hallucinations describes seeing objects that seem very real, though in fact they do not exist.
Language Disturbances: Rarely, a patient with a parietal seizure will report difficulty understanding spoken words or language, difficulty reading or performing simple math.

from: http://www.med.nyu.edu/cec/epilepsy/types/parietal_lobe.html

Thank you so much that's it, that's just explained it in a way that i couldn't :-S all this time i wasn't quite sure what it was.

Back
Top Bottom