Severe headaches, can't get under control

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
:dontknow: Hi All,

I haven't been able to be online much the last couple of weeks.
I have had one thing after another since my hysterectomy Feb. 7th.
seizures, constant worry, severe urinary track infection, bronchitis, flu, and a stomach virus. and now out of the last 17 days I have been fighting a really bad headache, only 5 out of these 17 days have I been able to get it under control still have one just able to stop the pain, the other days they have been so bad they are bringing tears to my eyes, I have tryed every type of headache med I have prescription and nonprescription. So I have been sleeping alot to escape this pain.

Now what is really starting to worry me, after seeing my counselor Tuesday, Is that it may be a tumor or other having to do with my brain. She told me if they do not stop soon I need to get in to see my neuro ASAP, I had been having such thoughts running through my mind slightly, now I am getting more worried as each day passes and I have a headache that I cannot get control of.

:ponder: Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.
Oh and I do have allergies and sinusitis, however I am on allergy meds and my tylneol sinus med always helps with the headaches caused by these.

Thank You,
Tammy

Hi Tammy,

I am so sorry you've been having such a rough time. I hope you start feeling better real soon!! : )) You will!
I just had my Hyst. 1 yr. ago exactly. I can tell you it takes a good while to really balance out .Worry does not help..I truly do understand because I do it too. Add in all of your allergies and all that you've had..I can imagine it adds up. Trust me I do understand. I feel the same way sometimes. I have so many things physically and it can really drag me down. Try to take one thing at a time and don't sweat the smaller things, right? And remember it'll get better!!!!!!! Keep telling yourself that. Being positive really helps and it helps you physically too.

Hugs!
Michelle

Tammy , I truly want to do a shout out for the ionic magnesium. This brand works the best for me, and is easy to swish around under my tongue, without gagging. You can dilute it, but you want most of it to go directly to the cells.
http://uzzireissmd.com/product.php?do=detail&productid=152

*** I do not have any relationship or receive any compensation for suggesting this product. It just works for me 100%. No migraines in 3 yrs (except when I don't take it regularly).

It also sounds like your immune system is really compromised. Are you doing anything to support it?

Thanks all for your advice and wishes that I feel better soon. I am working on it.

Bernard and Robin, I have not tryed either of these, I am not even sure how I could get it.
Robin, I checked the link you posted for me and do I have to order what you have suggested for me to try or is a prescribed med or can I buy it over the counter. I did start Monday taking a multi-vitiman and the days I have not had a headache I seem to be feeling a bit more energenic and so far no more sickness other than headaches attacking me.

I am afraid to leave my apt. and be around a crowd of people, because I am so worried that I will catch something and be sick again.

I have tryed deep breathing it doesn't work for me, unfortunetly. And telling myself that things will be getting better, to give it time, I try my best to take One Day at a Time.

Michelle, Thank you for the reminder to not sweat the small things and to take one thing at a time. I also am just such a worry wort, I am constantly trying my best to not let things bring me down, and keep a positieve atttitude.

Thanks again,
Tammy

Robin, I checked the link you posted for me and do I have to order what you have suggested for me to try or is a prescribed med or can I buy it over the counter. I did start Monday taking a multi-vitiman and the days I have not had a headache I seem to be feeling a bit more energenic and so far no more sickness other than headaches attacking me.

Tammy - you don't have to order anything that you don't want to order. I am just showing you what I use, and I can't say enough good things about this product.

It is not a prescribed medicine. It is a mineral. A natural mineral. One that each of us needs and there is evidence that we are all quite deficient of this mineral.

You can buy similar products over the counter, however I tried one from The Whole Foods Market and the taste was terrible. I try to get it as close to the cellular level as I can, and that is why I take it by the dropper under my tongue. Similar to a sublingual. You can put it in a bit of water or juice, but that is going into your stomach and further away from the needed cells. Not to say it won't work, I do that occasionally as well.

There simply is not enough magnesium in a multivitamin if you have a deficiency. I notice a clear head within 24 hrs. I also like to take it with COQ10 which is also a vitamin that protects the brain.

Read up on some of the articles.

Tammy,
if it's a headache that won't go awayit could be something.
I know because I thought I had a migraine for a month.I kept in touch with my neuro and I had blood on the brain from all the times I'd gone down hitting my head.It was a subdural Hematoma
luckily it went away by itself.
If anyone ever has a migraine for a long period of time they should have it checked out.
I'm speaking from experience.
Belinda

Last edited:
If its a migraine, you need to go to the ER if its been past 72 hours. You'll considered status migrainous and will need IV meds to abort it properly. It may be an Ictal Headache, too, which can be controlled with anticonvulsants-same deal, visit the ER.

Go to th ER!

Tammy,

Since you've just had a hysterectomy, I think it's likely that you are experiencing hormonal-related headaches/migraines. I would call the ob/gyn first and see if she thinks it could be hormonally related and if she can tell you what to do about it. Then, if that doesn't work, I'd definitely call my neurologist. It sounds to me like the surgery just threw your body out of whack and that it will just need some time to recover. It will get better.

Roxie

Back
Top Bottom