Shortages of Lamotrigine?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JeffD

Pillar
Reaction score
I've talked to multiple pharmacies (USA, Kansas/Missouri) and none of them are able to get my Lamotrigine tablets. Back-ordered from the manufacturer.
I'm taking a generic from Aurobindo Pharma (NDC 65862-230-60). The other generic that's usually readily available from Zydus (NDC 68382-010-14) also appears to be back-ordered.
Is anyone else having trouble getting their Lamotrigine?
Thanks!

I just got my 90-day supply (25mg size tablets of generic Lamotrigine) last week. There was no problem. Mine is also Aurobindo.
I wonder if the coronavirus is starting to cause delays?

Coronavirus was my thought too, but it appears Aurobindo is in India... that may not matter though. Mine's the 200mg...

As finicky as these meds can be, I am paranoid about changing anything. Thankfully I have a good supply saved up for just such reasons, but I don't want to use it if I don't have to.

You might ask if other size tablets are easier to get -- which is a pain I know, but as a last resort you could take two 100mg tablets.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that route, but they couldn't get any of dose sizes. If it were just my normal pharmacy, that'd be fine, but when all the pharmacies say they can't get it I really start wondering what's going on.
I did call into my Neuro late this afternoon for other options, but they haven't called back yet. Likely won't hear from them until Monday.

Let me know what they say -- here's hoping it's a temporary shortage. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom