(Sigh) It's that "time" again.... almost...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Army Vet

Stalwart
Reaction score
Well, in less than three weeks (March 10th), the time SPRINGS forward one hour. It's 7 AM, even though 24 hours ago, it was 6 AM. It's 11 PM even though 24 hours ago it was only 10 PM! However, the clock says one thing, but my body thinks another! AHHH!!!

I don't know about anybody else, but my body tends to not like it when this happens and I usually have a "spike" in my seizures. Between messing with my sleep and eating at different times and maybe even taking my medications at different times (technically).

Agree/Disagree? Comments/Suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Army Vet,

My body decreases in seizures when spring and summer are here because there's more serotonin this time of yr compared to fall and winter. If you notice a spike in your seizures in the spring and summer compared to fall and winter you may be having seasonal seizures and that all relates to the serotonin outside this time of yr. You may want to let your neuro know about it. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Sue,

It's not so much the season that I was pointing out, but the fact that the time changes. It messes with my internal clock. My body thinks it's 5 AM, but it's already 6 AM!! (time to get up!!) My body thinks it's 11 AM, but it's already 12 PM!! (ie time to eat lunch!!) In other words, the time change (ie DST) messes with me mentally and physically and therefore causes stress and therefore causes seizures.

Last edited:
Hi Army Vet,

Sorry I misunderstood your question. I'm sure you know lack of sleep and stress are the 2 main things that can trigger seizures, you may want to hit the hay a little earlier just to play it safe.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I’m one of the lucky ones where there is no time change :) Fingers crossed for you when you do have to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom