Simple Partials...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey guys!
For the past week or so, I've been having Tonic Clonics, which are normal for me. However last night, I apparently had a simple partial. This is the very first time I've had one too.

I was at home, had some auras and tremors, so I prepped myself for another TC by lying on the floor. I don't remember much of it, but my roommates and mother told me what happened. I was crying uncontrollably, followed by hysterical laughter. Slurred speech, throwing up, breaking out in sweats, the whole bit.

After doing research, these symptoms point to a simple partial. The one thing I do find interesting is that earlier in the day I had phantom smells. My roommate was eating some Italian food, but all I just had an overpowering scent of the hospital.

After my second TC, my doctor added 1000mg of Keppra to my daily "smorgasbord" of medication, which also includes 600mg of Lamictal XR, and 1mg of Ativan. Has anyone else had any experience similar to this?

What you describe sounds a bit closer to being a Complex Partial, since those can feature impaired awareness and speech and limited memory of what occurred. (People are fully alert for Simple Partials). The phantom smells are simple partials though.

Back
Top Bottom