Sleep aids and Epilepsy....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TeeTees

New
Reaction score
What do you guys think on taking sleep aids ?

I've had a real pig of a time lately with my E and basically I'm soooo sure it's down to my sleep pattern being completely torn apart and shuffled around. So, even though I'm not a fan of them, I've gone and bought the following sleep-aid :

http://www.bachrescuesleep.com/

It's like the one at the top, only the one I have is not a spray - you simply drop 4 drops onto your tongue. I picked this one up as it's a 'natural remedy'.

Anybody else using this kinda stuff, and if so how do you feel with it....better or worse ? :ponder:

I never used any sleep aids. I only use a CPAP machine to sleep. Sometimes it can get uncomfortable.

Some people believe in:

. a workout in the morning and get plenty of sunlight through your eyes so it will be converted to melatonin and thus increase the quality of your sleep.
See you get the best quality sleep in the first 4 hours of your sleep because their first couple cycles have the longest duration of stage 3 and stage 4 sleep (a.k.a the deep stages where you will be most rested). So you only really need those to feel good the next day.
So no you don't need any set hours of sleep. Just exercise and get plenty of sun light in your eyes.

I thought this was interesting.. though not a controlled study.
I don't have the problem now so I can't say. I use to have trouble, but I think it was because I had five teenagers living in the house, and many times there was multiples of that. I think my magnesium has helped me a lot with sleep.

Some people believe in:

I thought this was interesting.. though not a controlled study.
I don't have the problem now so I can't say. I use to have trouble, but I think it was because I had five teenagers living in the house, and many times there was multiples of that. I think my magnesium has helped me a lot with sleep.

Robin, you know the magnesium (I'm gonna sound real dumb now)....should I be taking it at the end of the day then ?....it's just that I'm popping my mag pills at the beginning of the day.

PS. note to everyone : I had the best sleep ever last night on that Bach's remedy stuff I bought. So, it could be worth the few bucks if you can't get to sleep either. I'll find out better when I get a long period of deep sleeps, but must say I woke up literally springing out of bed this morning, for the first time in years. :rock:

Back
Top Bottom