Sleep Study

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Army Vet

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I FINALLY got my sleep study done two nights ago. Don't have the results yet (probably won't for a couple of weeks). The sleep tech said I got "some" REM sleep. I dunno what will become of it. All I know is that I slept lousy just like I normally do at home πŸ˜‚ The tech said they were going to try and get a twofer (ie two for one) out of the visit. She tried some CPAP masks on me and I told her which one felt the best etc. However, I apparently didn't sleep good enough and/or never had any apnea.

I look at sleeping lousy in a good way. I don't want to sleep "perfectly" and then they don't see what's going on πŸ™„ (ie nope, everything looks okay to us). Great, I sleep like crap in my own bed at my house, but then sleep like "Sleeping Beauty" while taking the test?? Now they're not seeing what is actually happening 99% of the time at the house. So again, I'm looking at it in a positive way of not resting well (as weird as that sounds). Hey, can't find a solution until you find the problem/source. The fact that I went to sleep at all amazed me. Oh, and I had to get up a 5:15 AM to go to the bathroom 🚽 😯😳

Anyway... the more I read into it, the more it seems like I might have restless leg syndrome (as opposed to apnea). Again, that's what I am suspicious of. It might be something else or nothing at all. All I know is that it felt like I tossed and turned like normal. Granted I had wires everywhere and it was a different bed etc

Any comments about your sleep studies?

Hi Army Vet,

Before you went in for your sleep study did you stay up for 24 hrs? I had to do that so if you didn't this could be the reason why the test
didn't show much. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Good luck with your results Army Vet
I have trouble getting to sleep but mine is probably more stress related as I seem to have more trouble getting to sleep when I work

So my doctor FINALLY got back into town last night (he went somewhere else for 2 weeks; vacation? school? I dunno πŸ™„) and he had my results. He said I have sleep apnea. However, it is mild. AHI = 6.3 or something. 5-15 is mild, 15-30 is moderate and 30+ is severe. Also, I slept with a 67% efficient rate (out of 4 hours; 2.67 hours I slept). There were some other numbers (ie the number of times I woke up and/or my sleep was interrupted) however, I don't have the report (yet). That was last night. Today I got a call for a titration (ie try masks and find the "magic" number for the pressure) and I'll be going back to the sleep center on Feb 12.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I kid you not! I just finished typing "12" when they called me and asked if I could do it tonight! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I said yes, of course!

Sorry, but that's just too creepy and funny πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚πŸ˜±

Hi Army Vet,
Sorry to hear that you have sleep apnea but this could be one thing that's triggering your seizures. I wish you the best of luck
and please don't snore to loud : ) Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom