Sleeping Pills and Auras.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

flashbakx

New
Reaction score
I had complex partial seizures but after my surgery I know only have auras. I want to know does anyone else get auras after taking sleeping pills. I always seem to do.

Hi flashbakx, welcome to the forum. :hello:

What kind of surgery did you have?

Stacy does not take sleeping pills and neither do I, but maybe someone else here does. What drug exactly are you taking?

Hi Bernard.
I Had surgery in 2000 to remove a tumor in my right temporal lobe which was giving me complex partial seizures. Apart from a little eye site loss and some memory problems everything went excellent. I am taking a pill called Equate sleep aids.

i seemed to get anxious/auras (mixture, maybe one or the other, depends)
melatonin 3mg ray and terrys sleeping pills....

I can't answer properly YET. Starting in 1991 I've was having fairly severe complex partial seizures caused by a oligodendroglioma brain tumor in left temporal lobe. That was unknown until summer of 2005.

After the tumor was removed Feb. 2006, I did not have a seizure for 9 months. When much "easier" seizures came back all the many tests showed they were starting around the "old" area so I had more surgery 3 weeks ago. Whew.

In a while I'll be able to tell you how things are going :?
Best wishes for you.

Back
Top Bottom