So what started your seizures ?...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Second question... does anyone have info regarding the medication of Welbutrin and it's effect on epilepsy? I only took Welbutrin for a period of 8-12 weeks starthing in May of this year around the same time that my symptoms become noticible so my doctor weaned me off of it. Could that have caused the onset of my epilepsy? Does that mean it will go away? I have been off Welbutrin since at least August of this year.

My son was on Webutrin for keeping his frame of mind a bit more even keel. He has Asperger Syndrome. This drug we now know, put him on suicidal watch. I would think it could do just about anything. It is a very strong drug for the brain. I think they "know not much" about some of these mind altering meds.

I should also say, that at the time I was on Prozac for OCD's....I suffer from Trichotillomania, and they feel that the Prozac lowered my seizure thresh-hold. But they are not certain.

I guess the cause of my epilepsy is unknown at this time. Nor am I positive how long it's been present. Is this common to have so few answers about the origin and onset of your epilepsy.

I did sustain a closed head injury in an auto accident in September 2006 but it was minor, there were no abnormailies in my CT scan. My symptoms became noticable in May 2007 and I was only diagnosed this week.

I have yet to collect a personal injury settlement for that accident. If there is even a remote possibility that it caused my epilepsy, perhaps I need to add another zero to the ammount I am negotiating.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

YES...

Click on HEAD STORMS ... my sig line below,
and click on the TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury),
You can learn a lot from that website there
too.

Brain Injuries sustained from Head Trauma
often do not show up until later! So go ahead
and click on that link and you can learn a lot
from that TBI website, and YES - Epilepsy
can come from a result from TBI, even if you
already had Epilepsy.

It is not unusual for those who have Epilepsy,
then sustaining TBI, and then developing new
type of seizures and then having to undergo
vEEG and a whole new set of titration of
medication as a result of it or even surgeries,
or even having to undergo the whole process
all over again.

As for the amount of settlement; your attorney
if you have one, should determine that, depending
on the severity. It has to be compared with what
you had before and what you have currently.

Back
Top Bottom