something weird today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So something new happened to me this morning.

Apparently I seizure called my wife anyone else do this or something like it?

I thought she called me I heard the phone ringing, swore I missed it and so naturally I called it back, I made next to no sense to my wife then I hung up.
She called back a few hours later when she was slow at work and asked me if I was alright, I stated yes I am and then asked her why she asked me. She stated you called me and I said well you called and I missed it and she stated no I didn't call you at that time and you made no sense to me about what you were saying, and then you hung up.

It bothered me since I only remembered the last part of calling and hanging up nothing in between.

Am I crazy? Or have any of you had things like this happen to you?

Have a great night!

Mike

Oh Mike, your not crazy, just special like the rest of us!! I have never called anyone (yet), but I do have whole conversations that I don't remember. Hang in there!

According to other people I've had strange conversations too, mostly when I was in the post-seizure recovery twilight.

I was on the phone with a friend once when I had a seizure. She then drove over to my house to make sure I was okay. I wouldn't have known the seizure occurred except for my friend, and the fact that the phone was on the floor.

Since it was something new and out the average "norm" I was thrown aback after my wife told me about it, so thak you for the kind words and replies.

Mike

How are you doing in general right now? Is your seizure control better or worse than in the past?

its starting to act up again I looked into seasonal seizures and ive noticed that during the spring summer they are worse, during the winter months I noticed they are less. In general I've been ok dreading the summer months since that's when everything seems to go down hill for me I've already fallen due to my legs not able to support me so they are running tests, tomorrow I have a pain clinic for 3 hours then a 4 hours total MRI.
How about you?

Do you think the seasonal aspect is related to temperatures/sunlight? Or maybe allergies? I hope all those tests shed some light on what's going on.

I just reached my 5-year seizure-free mark -- hooray! -- but I had to increase my dose slightly a month or so ago. I don't get auras, but I was feeling that things just weren't "right", so I decided (reluctantly) to play it safe with a higher dose.

Back
Top Bottom