"Sorry, I didn't see you"

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sjconner

New
Reaction score
Saturday, I went to the grocery store to buy pop and candy for the kids at the residential school where I teach ... movie night. I was walking to the truck and unloading stuff into the back. I got into the truck. My DH asks me why I didn't say Hello to the school's director. Apparently I walked right past her and as I was unloading she was standing right behind me like she was waiting to talk to me. I never saw her. After my DH mentioned it, I looked over and saw her truck parked next to ours. I don't know how I could have missed it. All her vehicles are very big, bright, and shiny and can't be missed. I feel like an a$$.

My DH asks me on a fairly regular basis why I don't say Hi to people. He says I look right at them. On those occasions, it is because I literally never see them.

I am seeing a neuro and he is telling me temporal lobe epilepsy based on the partials I have experienced in the last year or so. I mostly have had simple partials hearing, smelling and seeing things. A few weeks ago I had an Alice in Wonderland where I was really tall with a chunk of time missing afterwards. I must have been really compliant because the Oncologist's NP didn't notice anything. I am switching from topamax to lamictal.

Ive not experienced those types of aura's yet, but have had some pretty scary ones. Some I hope I never experience again. The one that perplexis me the most is time lasp. I am most intrigue as to what others think or do when they see me stuck? I've come to my senses and have found people looking at me strangely, but never saying a word. My dog, barks and moves away when having any type of aura/simple partial seizure. It doesnt matter, and he whines when Im exhausted from having them and will come sit by my side and never leave, so does my black and white cat. the other fat cat could care less.

Oh, yea, I say weird things and never complete thought in a sentence.

Hope the Lamictal helps. Those visual auras and distortions must feel pretty freaky.

They are pretty freaky. I am not scared during them. The last Alice in Wonderland one is the first one where I know that I have lost time. The idea of losing time kind of freaks me out. I am 43. As far as I know I have only been having these seizures for about one year. Why now? I don't have a history of head injuries or illnesses. I have had 2 MRI's by 2 different hopitals, radiologists, etc and both were normal.

Have you been seen by an endocrinologist? Sometimes fluctuating hormones are causing problems -- thyroid, estrogen, etc...

Back
Top Bottom