Starting CBD Oil

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Why the hell you used peppermint spray instead clean oil? If you check literature, You will find that mint is not to be used by epileptics. I do not know what compound from the plant, nobody checked. Please, please if anybody is using CBD oil, CHECK what you are using. There is a lot of confusion on the market, companies are selling crap and it is impossible to do real study to see if it is helping or not because they are adding stupid compounds or even synthetic CBD to olive oil and claiming that this is THE RIGHT THING.

Take care

Suzana

Hey Suzana --
Each person reacts differently. Some people may be triggered by mint, but not everyone is. There haven't been large-scale studies suggesting that mint is a seizure trigger. But you're right -- everyone should proceed with caution when testing a new supplement that may contain flavorings or fillers. It looks like Porkette is doing fine with her CBD oil, which is great.

Porkette,

I'm glad the CBD is helping you!

I just started a different type (Charlotte's Web) this week. I'm on a low dose (10mg twice a day) and plan to increase next week. I did read that it can lower my Lamictal levels, so I am taking it slow. (No, I have not talked to my doctor about it yet. Yes, I know it is important to do so and I 100% encourage others to talk to their doctor before making any changes. This was just the right choice for me at this time.)

I haven't noticed much of a change in my seizures yet, but I have noticed that I feel calmer. My anxiety has been horrible for the last month, which has made my seizures a lot worse. So I'm hoping this will help. The Charlotte's Web is very expensive though...

It's great to hear that others have had a positive experience with CBD.

Thanks,
I just wanted to say that people are using products with additives which could be harmful. Great that it is working, but often people react to something and then blame active compound. Somebody who is really desperate and not experienced enough could fall into trap and try something which really could help, and then give up. People often react: hey, this is helping you, I will try it also. I am against any additives which make products more palatable. When you are really, really ill, it can make a HUGE difference.

People often react: hey, this is helping you, I will try it also.

I have been researching CBD oil for at least 2 years, and my decision was not only based on personal accounts. But I know sometimes that can happen. Hopefully it will work! Thank you.

Inactive Ingredients In A Med Can Cause Problems!

vekasuiv,
You are right when it comes to ingredients other than the active ones causing problems for someone. It doesn't happen all of the time, but when it does it can be scary! :giveup:
I was given a new generic Dilantin once that gave me some huge problems. After a bunch of tests they found out that my body was reacting to one of the fillers that were being used in that med. As soon as I was taken off of them my problems stopped.
This could happen with any medication because they use many different substances as fillers in medications. There is usually only a small amount of the active ingredient in a medication.

acshuman

Hello Everyone!,

Nakamova suggested this thread to me. My name is Lauren (LB) and I am a newbie. I am on a mission to gather information for my sister and my nephew, who suffers from epilepsy. His seizures have been getting worse and the medication seems to be becoming less effective. We are looking to potential alternative medicine. A co worker of mine suggested "CBD" oil. Have you or any of your loved ones ever use this for treatment? I watched a few videos on here -- cbdoilexpert.com/videos/

Is it really that effective?

Thanks for all your help,
LB

Hello,
I have heard really good things about CBD oil. I tried it for my girls, and didn't see much so I stopped. Few weeks ago I just find that dose I used was too low, so I will try again soon. What I learned from parents with really sick children (heavily disabled):
1. not every product is the same due to different composition; if one is not working, try another one till you find what is suitable for your child; product working for somebody else will not necessary work for you - maybe you need different composition. There are 4-5 respectable products on the market.
2. Usually it works in a few days to weeks after introduction, at list when you reach therapeutic dose. If it is not working in a 2-3 months, switch to another brand or it is not suitable for your child. It is not necessary working for everybody
3. For children it is usually not pure CBD, but extract from plants which contains CBD+other beneficial compounds; come children will need also some amount of THC in extract
4. There are some forums you can find about CBD treatment so you will learn more what to do and what not to do.
Hope it helps

Suzana

Back
Top Bottom