Stigma of Chronic Illness at Work Study

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

newhaven1

New
Reaction score
My name is Alyssa and and I am a PhD student doing my doctoral dissertation on issues that workers with chronic illness face in the workplace, including stigma, discrimination, and disclosure. Although I do not have Epilepsy, I have been living and working with Multiple Sclerosis for 9 years, so I am very familiar with and sensitive to these issues.

This study is unfunded, which means I am not getting any kind of financial assistance with this study at all. I am conducting this study because there is a real lack of research examining issues for workers with chronic illness. I am hoping to publish this research in order to bring important issues for workers with chronic illness to light.

I am looking for people who work and live with one or more chronic illness(es) to volunteer to take an online survey (link below). The survey is completely anonymous, which means your identity will never be known and no one will ever be able to link your responses back to you individually. The data will be analyzed as a whole (aggregate) and individual responses will not be reported. After this study is over, I will keep the data archived on a secure non networked computer, but I will never give the data to other individuals or organizations. This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at the University of Connecticut (a panel that reviews studies to make sure they are safe for participants).

The survey will take about 20-25 minutes of your time. You will be given the option to save your progress and return later if you don't have time to do it all at once.

As a thank-you for your time, you will be given the opportunity to enter a drawing for one of ten $50 online gift certificates to Amazon.com at the end of the survey.

If you have any questions I am happy to answer them for you; please feel free to PM me.

Click here for more information on the study and to participate:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/218897/workplace-survey

Thanks for reading. Happy New Year!

Alyssa

Last edited by a moderator:
I just approved this note, so I'm bumping the thread.

:bump:

Back
Top Bottom