Stopping by with snow

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

renee97

New
Reaction score
The Fifth of March and we got another 2 inches of snow today! Yea. Of course everyone else would rather shoot me and bring on 70 degrees and sunshine. Either way makes me happy.
And happy is almost my new middle name. Being off of Dilantin made me very happy. Stopping Keppra was an absolute joy. Just two days ago I took my last Lamictal and I am thrilled I'm not taking that anymore.
But I am still "in transition" and having some problems with sleep. I am hoping this can be resolved quickly because from about 2/20 to 2/28 I was having almost no sleep problems at all. Maybe I just need to take a higher dosage of Depakote. Fine by me. Whatever works.
In the big scheme of things, I haven't felt this good since all this stuff hit the fan in November 05. I finally have enough energy that I think I could hold a job. Just getting to the job will be the issue without a car.
Well gotta go and write a cover letter, then check out another job lead, and then ship off some of my music to Chicago, then send...........
r97

Last edited:
:woot:

Glad to hear things are better for you. :mrt:

And I took Mr. Churchill's advice and hell is in my rear view mirror!
r97

Keep your darn snow

Glad to hear you are doing well without the dilantin and keppra. Those are my two meds.

Have you replaced them with just Depakote or are you getting off of that as well???

AND keep your darn snow. We have 5-10 inches forecast for the next two days.
:pfft:

Glad to hear you are on the upswing. :woot:

Glad to hear the sun is shining all around you.

Yes, I replaced Dilantin, Lamictal and Keppra--all three--with Depakote. The only reason I was put on the Dilantin in the first place was to get something more affordable than the Lamictal and Keppra, but someone did not do their homework (and why should I pay this bozo's bill now?) and for almost all of the five months I was on Dilantin, everything was worse than before. Once I got off of that garbage I swore I would never recommend it to my worst enemy.
Now comes a dermatology problem that has been annoying me way too long (I have even lost track of how long, but I think its been six to eight months). Once that's taken care of I am going to celebrate.
r97

Good to hear you're off most your meds

You're sounding really great. :banana:

I know I always have trouble with insomnia whenever going off an AED. A walk around the block or a hot shower usually help.

Talk more later

R - I won't have much time the next couple of weeks, but I sure would like to keep track of how you are doing with the switch to Depakote. My sz are controlled as of now, so I really hesitate to try anything else. I have two ill relatives that need me right now and so I will continue to tolerate my side effects in order to stay functional. Reading some of the issues with long term dilantin use concerns me for the long run. I've been on it for 26 years.

Keep yourself going strong and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom