Study Uncovers Link Between Blood Type And Risk Of Cognitive Decline The Huffington

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cint

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...tudy_n_7519218.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Ok, according to this article, those with O blood type have more gray matter in their brain and that helps ward off diseases like Alzheimers, etc. The article goes on to say that "those with A, B or AB blood types had less gray matter in parts of the brain including the left hippocampus, which deals with the formation of long-term memories." :ponder: Interesting to me 'cause I have Type O negative blood and I have a damaged left hippocampus. But by meditation and healthy diet, I suppose I can improve my memory.

I'm O-positive, so I guess that gives me a headstart...

+1 to the O+ club :)

Perhaps the memories E has taken for now, can be found again. While the new ones being made can be kept safe.

They reckon that one needs to keep the mind active and doing stuff that makes you think each and every day.
There really is still so much we do not know about that brain, everything seems to work in sync until something like epilepsy and other disorders puts a spanner in to stuff it up.

I am
O positive.. yippee.....some good news !! lol.

Back
Top Bottom