Stupid stuff

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joey

New
Reaction score

Only in America ......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in America....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

Only in America.....do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

Only in America.....do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

Only in America.....do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

EVER WONDER ...

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens
our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

That was an awesome post Zoey
You have given me much to think about. Glad to see you around.

HaHaHa
that's funny.... Sorry Joey
My fingers are kitting the rwong ceys la8ly

... but I was thinking about Zoe
so it isn't that far off.. come on

Plus I was trying to read your lemonade quote you wrote in ? language while I was typing a response.

hahaha
that's funny.... Sorry joey
my fingers are kitting the rwong ceys la8ly

... But i was thinking about zoe
so it isn't that far off.. Come on

plus i was trying to read your lemonade quote you wrote in ? Language while i was typing a response.
for some wierd reason i thought that my signature might of had something to do with it.

Hello Joey- Crystal here- To let you know about the Braille and tactile symbols used at ATMs that are at drive through banks.. Those are there so that a blind person and a driver can drive up to the ATM and the blind or low-vision person can step out of the car and use the ATM themselves unless they choose to go into the bank during business hours. I've used those myself of couse being blind. They also have speech software on them that allowes us to hear the menus and then the Braille labels and tactile symbols tell us which button is which, how much the dollar amount is to select and so on.
The speech programs tells us whats on each menu and even tells us what our dollar amount is as the ATM sends us the money- bigger bills on the bottom, smaller ones on top. Then it explains how to tell the machine what we want or anything additional we want to do as far as transactions or deposits etc.
:) Braille Rules!

I have a speech program on my computer/laptop called Jaws and SuperNova which I use everyday which is similar to the ATMs' speech software which is probably Jaws/Elequence anyways! Hehe. Anyways That is how i'm able to access the computer and internet and be able to read whats on here and type back to everyone. Technology and access equipment has come a long way. Sometimes i use a Braille display which is one line of Braille on a machine and the braille moves as I read across is or advance it to read the whole text.. Anyways.. there is some about adptive tech that i use and about the ATM with Braille.

Take care- very funny stuff!
-CM

Hello Joey- Crystal here- To let you know about the Braille and tactile symbols used at ATMs that are at drive through banks.. Those are there so that a blind person and a driver can drive up to the ATM and the blind or low-vision person can step out of the car and use the ATM themselves unless they choose to go into the bank during business hours. I've used those myself of couse being blind. They also have speech software on them that allowes us to hear the menus and then the Braille labels and tactile symbols tell us which button is which, how much the dollar amount is to select and so on.
The speech programs tells us whats on each menu and even tells us what our dollar amount is as the ATM sends us the money- bigger bills on the bottom, smaller ones on top. Then it explains how to tell the machine what we want or anything additional we want to do as far as transactions or deposits etc.
:) Braille Rules!

I have a speech program on my computer/laptop called Jaws and SuperNova which I use everyday which is similar to the ATMs' speech software which is probably Jaws/Elequence anyways! Hehe. Anyways That is how i'm able to access the computer and internet and be able to read whats on here and type back to everyone. Technology and access equipment has come a long way. Sometimes i use a Braille display which is one line of Braille on a machine and the braille moves as I read across is or advance it to read the whole text.. Anyways.. there is some about adptive tech that i use and about the ATM with Braille.

Take care- very funny stuff!
-CM

Trust me i know they are there for a reason, A good reason. I just copied and pasted some stuff i got from my email for some people to have a laugh

Back
Top Bottom