Surgery Success? Recommended Drs in Wash DC area?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi PhylisFeinerJohnson, Mr Neurologist and Neurosurgeon are located at Thomas Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience. My neurologists name is Dr Michael Sperling, he is such a great doctor and always puts his patients needs first. His goals include changing his patients life for the better, on the least amount of medication possible. When I met him over 2 years ago, I was on 4 different meds, and was suprised I could function. He will put his patients on no more than 2, goal is none, that takes time. If you look him up on the wesbite, you can look at his studies done, and his success! Patients come from all over to see him! My neurosurgeon is Dr Ashwi Sharan, he's awesome too, does 50-60 brain surgeries per year, has a high success rate, and both doctors made 50 Top Docs in the world for the past couple years. I had a Left Temporal Lobectomy 10/02/08, on least amount of medication for the first time in 17 years, and in a better place. Wow west chester pa, your not far from there! I'm located near Allentown pa, but I will continue to drive the distance for great medical care! Mandy

Hi Nancy! I had a Left Temporal Lobectomy too, but they removed the whole thing because no activity there. I underwent extensive testing prior to surgery, had a PET-SCAN, MRI, EEG, spent a week in the hospital hooked to machine( was having 5-6 seizures a day, not knowing it!), and Neuro-psych test too. They only shaved the hair above my left ear, had 32 stitches and my long hair covered the shaved spot! It was defintely a challenge, but so worth it! Hope all is good with you! When did you have your surgery? Take care!

Back
Top Bottom