Surgery

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

triller

New
Reaction score
I'm going in for surgery Nov 8th (not epilepsy related). Wondering how the drugs they use to put you under effeced you after the surgery, if at all. My e-meds are Keppra and Lamictal, both generic. Most worried about the memory as that is part of my epilepsy and the drugs I am taking.
Thanks in advance

When I had shoulder surgery, there wasn't any interaction between the general anesthesia and my Lamictal, and I had no memory problems after the surgery.

I had a Hysterectomy about 2 weeks ago. I had the surgery at about 8 am. I didn't have to stop taking any of my meds before hand. In the evening I did get sick and throw up, the dr said that could have been a reation to the anstiea and other meds that they gave me druing the surgery because different people can have different reactions to them.

I did have a seizure later in the evening. It could have been the stress of having the surgery that caused it because stress is a big seizure trigger for me. I don't know if could have been caused by anything that I had taken while druing the surgery or not.

I was able to take my evening meds and I haven't had any problems since then.

Hey Triller,

Hope all went well today. Take care, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

all went well got home at 2:p.m thanks to all. will try to post more latter.right now back to bed.

I had the DBS in Sept which the drugs were pretty heavy then I had an emergency surgery to replace the VNS battery in mid October both were in house. Never the less, what I can tell you is I was quite happy with the medications used as I did not get ill feeling afterward and the staff did a wonderful job to ensure I was well taken care of. Note: Both surgeries were performed at University of Nebraska in Omaha, NE.

Had my surgery at Botsford Hospital in MI. The whole experience from check in to pre-op and post-op, was good as could be expected. The post op nurse was great as waking me up was not the easiest thing to do. I did have some problems with dizziness and naseua. Right now still sore, but not bad enough to take anything but Tylenol. I also appreciated the call I got today to see how I was doing amd answering any questions that I had.
Thanks again to all

Back
Top Bottom