Surprise, surprise, something new

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My daughter developed yet another unusual symptom. This afternoon she was holding a zipper, and was trying to move her hand. She FELT like it was moving, but it wasn't. It happened again when she was holding her sandwich at dinner. She felt like she was moving. She was TRYING to move to eat. But she couldn't.

Thankfully, *cue celebration music*, she has her 24 hour EEG monitor on! We pushed the button they give us, and wrote it down. Fingers crossed there is SOMETHING showing up that will let us know what is going on!

Hopefully something occured so you get some data for the doc to determine what is going
on.

oh good. and one other thing, my neuro had me tested for copper when i was diagnosed. depending on where you live,copper toxicity could mimick seizures. and i live in ny, nowhere near copper. but it could still be in water. apparently most drs don't test for it. but it would be much easier to fix than epilepsy

Back
Top Bottom