Systemic candida causing seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hello Eric, when this website graciously allows me to post links, I'd be happy to educate you. For now, your response is that of a machine. You've misconstrued my statements without doing your due diligence in understanding the topics.

You've misconstrued my statements without doing your due diligence in understanding the topics.

I've quoted you so that what you say cannot be misconstrued & responded as such. If I have misconstrued what you said then you can easily explain how but you never have.

As for understanding topics, I've done years of studying alternative and mainstream medicine and feel I do know what I'm talking about. Maybe it is you who lacks the diligence in understanding.

Also, When I can I have linked to the sites you've talked so I don't see you being able to link as relevant.

Last edited:
I've been posting here for months without ability to include important links. It makes me wonder if this site isn't sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry and neurological associations whose psychiatrists treat seizure disorder from the neck up in complete disregard of the gut-brain connection. A cocktail of drugs is used to sedate the brain while breakthrough seizures still occur. If it does work, perhaps the mechanism is how these literal poisons shift gut flora, so success may be inadvertent. Note to Eric the Spaminator, perhaps you should consider some constructive criticism of my theories because I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't a paid shill of Big Pharma, having nothing positive to say about gut-origin of seizure. There's plenty of hard evidence, not least of which are the major gut diseases already include seizure as symptom. As far as I'm concerned, the evidence is in, but the "epilepsy industry" is far behind in their understanding, hopefully catching-up fast.

Eric, your very first statement misconstrued mine. To clarify, I said Celiac symptoms may not be limited to the gut, in fact, gastrointestinal symptoms may not appear at all, yet show up in several other parts of the body including the brain. Still, the problems are of gut origin. I'd post a link to a related article here, but I'm still not allowed by this system. Shall I describe the article so that you can post it for me or people can google it? Absurd and insulting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been posting here for months without ability to include important links. ...

... I'd post a link to a related article here, but I'm still not allowed by this system. Shall I describe the article so that you can post it for me or people can google it? Absurd and insulting.

Hi Keith, sorry about the frustration of not being allowed to post live links yet. It's a security measure we had to implement for all new members unfortunately. The reason is explained here. In the meantime, you can post web addresses if you add spaces next to the periods in the address (to break it up). I or another moderator will fix the link for you later.

... It makes me wonder if this site isn't sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry and neurological associations whose psychiatrists treat seizure disorder from the neck up in complete disregard of the gut-brain connection. ...

lol. CWE might be the only large epilepsy community not sponsored by big pharma. We have a big tent here though. We welcome a wide spectrum of viewpoints as long as people respect and abide the very reasonable guidelines here.

Eric is the resident skeptic and that can be vexing to a lot of people (including other members of the moderating team), but as long as people are willing to discuss issues and not make things personal, a good discussion with opposing viewpoints can often be illuminating.

... There's plenty of hard evidence, not least of which are the major gut diseases already include seizure as symptom. As far as I'm concerned, the evidence is in, but the "epilepsy industry" is far behind in their understanding, hopefully catching-up fast.

We had an Italian researcher who posted some pretty awesome info a while back. Have a look if you haven't seen it already (might take reading the thread a few times to fully understand - it did for me anyway):

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f22/does-tryptophan-help-prevent-seizures-5183/#post57089

Has anyone here ever heard of systemic yeast infection causing seizures?

I saw a wholistic M.D. yesterday that specializes in psyiatry (doc that "puts pieces of the puzzle together" in hard to solve cases - not psychiatry). Apparently I have systemic candida, which he thinks I've had for a very long time. It's invading me all over, and making me very ill. On top of that, I have a mycoplasma pneumonia infection, which the doc says it looks like I've had for awhile. I think I caught the mycoplasma last Nov, but the candida issues I've been showing signs of for about 5 years - around the time I started having seizures.

The doc told me that the candiasis may have altered my pH enough to cause me to be more prone to seizures. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this. I just find it no coincidence that I started having seizures around the same time I showed signs of candiasis (leaky gut syndrome, sudden severe allergies and rashes, etc).

What really makes me angry is, I've been suspecting candiasis for awhile now, and when I ask my primary care doc to check me for signs of it, she acts like I'm crazy. I was just there not that long ago, how could they not see that my eardrums are covered in it? It's on my skin and in mouth as well, how can they miss that, especially when I tell them of my suspicions? This has made me sick to the point of wanting to die at times. I cannot believe how many thousands of dollars I've wasted on stupid doctors. :mad:
i know your post is old but i found it through a search query i did looking for my own answers - because I think you are all on to something...I started having seizures over a week ago and I have had issues leading up to that and soo many symptoms that overlap ...I have spent thousands on doctors to end up getting relief through a naturopath, a doctor who gave me a script for Candida Glabrata for boric acid suppositories for 600 mg for 21 days and Im in my third day. and A crushed-papaya-seed cleanse.

I was spiraling so badly and out of control and now I think im doing better...i still have a little ways but i don't feel like im dying anymore...I was so bad..I'm actually able to type and use a computer. I had neorological issues so emtreme and seizures and EMF issues. I couldn't read i felt my head exploding ...
wondering how you are doing? please disregard typos- im getting my feet under me still- used to be able to type and etc for hours now i'm trying to get used to it for 10 mins..

Hi sarahmoniker, welcome to CWE!

And keep us posted. Everyone's different , but it's always interesting to hear about a treatment that might bring seizure relief!

Best,
Nakamova

I wonder

I was doing a natural parasite cleanse then I started having seizures out of the blue. I thought it was Lyme disease they said epilepsy.

Has anyone here ever heard of systemic yeast infection causing seizures?

I saw a wholistic M.D. yesterday that specializes in psyiatry (doc that "puts pieces of the puzzle together" in hard to solve cases - not psychiatry). Apparently I have systemic candida, which he thinks I've had for a very long time. It's invading me all over, and making me very ill. On top of that, I have a mycoplasma pneumonia infection, which the doc says it looks like I've had for awhile. I think I caught the mycoplasma last Nov, but the candida issues I've been showing signs of for about 5 years - around the time I started having seizures.

The doc told me that the candiasis may have altered my pH enough to cause me to be more prone to seizures. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this. I just find it no coincidence that I started having seizures around the same time I showed signs of candiasis (leaky gut syndrome, sudden severe allergies and rashes, etc).

What really makes me angry is, I've been suspecting candiasis for awhile now, and when I ask my primary care doc to check me for signs of it, she acts like I'm crazy. I was just there not that long ago, how could they not see that my eardrums are covered in it? It's on my skin and in mouth as well, how can they miss that, especially when I tell them of my suspicions? This has made me sick to the point of wanting to die at times. I cannot believe how many thousands of dollars I've wasted on stupid doctors.

I realize that your post is from 2008, however I am curious if you were able to get some assistance with yeast / seizure issues? I suspect this is what I have been dealing with for quite awhile. I did an Organic Acid test that reflected yeast Dysbiosis and did not make the connection even then. I recently Googled seizure / yeast connection and it took me to this page. I would love to hear back about any progress you have made?

Back
Top Bottom