Temporal lobe seizures, does anyone else experience this?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Loopy Lou, those sound alot like what Im experiencing. The Ice Pick term is a good definition of it. Ive found today Ive had about 4 times where it has happened. The "worst pain" last seconds... then it kind of fades away, but at times it wont go completely away. Its kind of like a "dull headache" that stays til the next "worst pain" comes about.

Chris,I just found this thread and thought id ask anyone here who responded! :)

That's exactly what mine is like Kristin!

Last edited:
mom3boys

Your pains sounds like my pains. Though I haven't had them for awhile when they hit they really hit. So in a way, no offence, i am glad there is someone else out there that has the same.

Chrissy

That's exactly what mine is like Kristin!

have they gotten worse over time? I am going to write this down and make sure I can tell my neuro exacly when these started and I pray to god its nothing serious.

The first time this happened was sunday night, on 8/19, and I was laying in bed watching tv, and all of a sudden the pain hit me out of the blue. Right above my left ear, in the temporal lobe.

I wouldn't say they've gotten worse over time. The first time it hit me it was a real shock, but sometimes i'll not have any for a week or two or even a month and then sometimes for a period of a couple of weeks i'll have multiple ones every day or even in quick succession (within minutes). There doesn't seem to be a pattern at all. I'm sorry if that's not any help >.<

it helps me out alot! Thanks for the reply!

I see my neuro next week, so I am going to bring this up to him. In the meantime, Ive been taking some ibuphrophen for them. So for now, Im going to hope for the best and pray to god they go away!

I feel sharp pinches of pain mostly around the temples at times. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like a small electric shock every few seconds. It's a horrible feeling. I have had simple, complex, and cluster of noctural seizures in the past and when I ended up in hospital with the tonic clonics they said it was generalized seizures (Frontal/Focal) but now they say the seizure activity is coming from the left temporal lobe as I am still having partials and can't move, speak or communicate when it happens but it passes so I am ok with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom