The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Endless

Even Keel
Reaction score
This is the Midnight Club.

If you are in here posting between the hours of midnight and 5am, this is your chance to share why the heck you are awake, and why you are in here instead of in bed! :pop:

I'll start. I'm awake because the Lamictal won't let me sleep. Every night. I'm in here both because I was hoping for some advice on this (see "I think I'm afraid of the meds"), AND because reading everyone else's posts makes me feel like I have some company, even at this hour.

Maybe it would be more fun if I said I'm just walking in the door after a full night of clubbing. lol... :)

It's 8:33am where I am, so the bouncer won't officially let me into the club, but thought I'd say hi anyway... :)

Too bad I was not online at midnight. My son was up at that time because he came down with a cold and could not sleep. I think we were awake from midnight to 2 am...then a few hours of sleep then back up at about 5 am. I was too delirious to go on-line to visit.

Hopefully we get better sleep tonight!!!

LOL,

A day late for me endless. I saw you last night a few times though. I think I was up till 6:30 am trying to get to sleep. Was just a frustrating night lying in bed thinking of stuff, and I kept checking in here for new posts to read. Hopefully tonight will be better :D

I've always been kind of a night owl, and now that I'm a care-giver for my dad who rebels against the idea of older people going to bed and getting up with the chickens:p, I practically keep vampires' hours:) But also, I have the opposite problem that you have. I'm so sorry you can't sleep, I know that's awful; I used to have that problem. But usually on Keppra I'm exhausted all the time. I'm usually up messing around on the computer after midnight just trying to stay awake at least 12 hours. I know that's terrible:paperbag:I feel like I'm sleeping my life away. :razz2:Also, I still have the foot-flap problem I talked about in my first post which keeps me from sleeping soundly, so it takes me 12 hours to get 8-9 hours actual sleep... which still seems like too much, but without it I'm a zombie.:eek:

I'm typically

on here about 2:30 in the morning til about 6 or so while I work.......then I go teach.

Then I come back on later. LOLOL.

What am I doing up so early? One of my jobs as a writer, AND I'm keeping an eye on things here as well. I may not always answer posts, but I'm in and out.

Gotta go, it's time to write.....and check to make sure no spammers are hangin' about.

Toodles!

I feel so bad for all of you who find it hard to sleep during the night. It is so important to how I feel during the day, I am sure that I would not be able to function without it! How about naps? Are you able to nap off and on? I could use one right now, and it is only 7:00am. I got up about 2 hours ago and am at work. At least it is Friday! Best to all who are trying to find sleep :flowers:

I am on Lamictal now as well with trouble sleeping. This didn't happen right away when I started Lamictal, so I don't know if it is from the meds or stress or something else. I have found that reading a book relaxes me some and then I am able to sleep.

I have also been thinking about changing my evening schedule. I always take the evening dose right before I want to go to bed. Maybe if I switch this to early evening, it will help not having a fresh dose in my system when i want to sleep.

It's just turning midnight here. I'm here cos i have a cold and haven't been sleeping well lol. I'm having to wait til i'm exhausted so i can fall asleep without the coughing/runny nose bothering me as much :D

Well, I'm often online after midnight but in Dutch time so by then it is not midnight in the USA.
Why? I'm a night person, never in bed before 1.00 o'clock at night. I am a full time university teatcher and often I take home correction work to do in the evenings. So I check my mail and several forums late.

1:35am here.
and I am trying to decide if I actually want to sit up post a blog post.

1am here and too busy sitting and worrying about everything =/ Doubt i could fall asleep even if i did put head to pillow.

2.10am, and i just had an hour long phone call with the boyfriend. Feeling much better now, gonna go try for some sleep :D

after midnight dealing with my depression :)
will either be posting,
ooooor, I wont.
but here I am. :p

2.13am here and can't go to sleep yet.

I have some pepsi and chocolate to keep me going lol. Mmmmm healthy!

Hi, Court. Sighhh.. so incredibly sorry you are feeling depressed. I wish we had chat....

Ok i can feel my bed calling me now. Also, just realised i missed my meds. Should have taken them at 8pm, it's now 3am lol.

May as well take them now, i'm sure i'll sleep in late anyway.

Back
Top Bottom