They're creepy and they're spooky - Déjà Vu

Déjà Vu:

• What's a Déjà Vu?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well I had it yesterday while driving with a friend of mine. We were coming down the street which I wasn't familiar with and I knew there would be a "round white house" around the corner, and there it was. Freaked me out for a minute and I didn't say anything but it was interesting.

Ummm why are you driving? How have you got past the medics? Anyone who has your condition over here would not be allowed to drive cos you are putting peoples lives at risk including your own. I know I asked again and again if I could drive and the answer was an emphatic no. I don't mean to be rude but I am curious.

Driving

Well it seems that I was misunderstood. I wasn't driving, I was driving with a friend. Hope this CLARIFIES things.

Oh you make your self nice and clear matey I did say I didn't mean to be rude but if you want to take umbrage go ahead

Well it seems that I was misunderstood. I wasn't driving, I was driving with a friend. Hope this CLARIFIES things.
aha you were drivingor your friend was? sorry I'm all unclarified here

:roflmao:

Don't get Dejavu but some weird hallucinations after rescue medication has been forced into me following serious "SE"
Col

vimpat

siince starting vimpat I have been having crazy dreams------not bad,just wacky-----do you think this can be a side effect?it is not listed.

I know when I was on Depakote, a possible side effect was strange and vivid dreams, which I had a lot of!...For meds that affect your brain, it can definately be a side effect of that medication.

Last edited:
This rarely occurs for me, though when my Dad passed, I knew something was wrong. My co-workers even noticed how agitated I was and were shocked the next morning when I called my boss and told him my Dad had passed away at the time I was so agitated.

Not really deja vu I guess, because I didn't know what was happening.

one morning i was hesitant to go to work, and me and room mate were talking and the phone rang, and as he answers it I am backing away and telling him no I dont want the phone! My mom was on the phone to tell me my uncle had died. When my mothers mom was in hospital she made me go see her and when I saw her she was dead, but wasn't. She died that night. I had a friend telling me how fast he had hi motorcycle going and I saw him as a skeleton and he died that week on his motorcycle. I absolutely hate this phenomenon

I've had kinda the same. We were going over to a friend of a friend's house, and I had the feeling I'd been there before, and I knew the layout inside. It was an old house, not one of those cookie-cutter new ones. When we got inside I recognized the living room and kitchen. But I'd never been there. <insert music from the twilight zone here>

I get Jamais Vu more often. I'm in a very familiar place and I don't recognize it. Or I don't recognize people. Or my dog.

i have jamais vu when driving, horrible only last a few seconds. Dont know where i am at, where i am going.

I've never really thought anything of it, but I've had this (or something close to it) all my life. I still get frustrated with it. Things that I've seen or done or even talked about(had whole conversations about), my family/friends have no recollection of.

Just a few weeks ago, I was on the road with my Mom. We were a few counties away from home. I said something about how I had 'always liked this area and its so pretty', and she said we'd never been there before.

A few months ago, my sister struck up a conversation, and I said 'Didn't we just have this conversation, like didn't we just talk about this'. Well, apparently not.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy in September but I've been having deja vu episodes for about 15 years. Thought they were acid flashbacks from when I took acid a couple of times when I was 22!

They are almost always the same thing. Usually happens when I'm in the bathroom either in the shower or on the toilet. I get this intense feeling of deja vu from primary or secondary school days. The feeling is tantalising when I try to grasp the image in it's entirety. Then all of a sudden a wash of anxiety comes over me starting from the top of my head and goes right through me down to my toes .

Then I feel this intense feeling of hopelessness and dread. And it all lasts for about 2 minutes. I can't believe I've had this for so long and never knew it was epilepsy. I told a doctor about it once and he didn't catch on to it being this.

Couldn't believe when I started googling epilepsy that other people have described this exact same experience.

I used to see a train comming all the time right before a grand mal. Now I have seizures mostly on the computer so yes, I'll have tons of auras telling me if I don't get off the computer in many different voices, and different ways, I will have a seizure. So now I have learned to listen to them.

I have had deja-vu most of my life. I have never really had it be a bad thing though. Mostly recognizing certain areas or knowing a conversation before it happens. I thought it was funny when I was watching a movie in the theater with my family and I got really bored because I had "seen" it before. I leaned over and asked my mom why they had re-released the movie since I had seen it when it came out last year. She looked at me funny and said it had never been released. I then quoted dialogue at her and told her the rest of the movie. She thought it was interesting. I have also had some deja-vu be so bad that I get really light headed and feel like I am going to pass out or something. Never have so far.

in my de ja vu i dont think im really thinking on anything i just keep saying to myself remember this but i dunno what im remember and its that horrible feeling ya get with de ja vu

i have weird experiences like last week the phone rang and i got the feeling someone was gonna die, my dad my grandad or grandmother and a few days later she died, but i knew someone was going to die and was waiting for it.
ive known random things like, i was going away for a weekend and i was looking to bring a spare pair of spectacles, incase they broke. well they did and i hadnt any spares cause i couldnt find any, one of the arms just literally fell off.
ive had episodes like that all my life where its not like the deja vu siezures i have its where i know something, i just know it.
I did read a study about tle and precognition there does seem to be a link.

I get expieriences like that to Rory. With family members. My uncle just died and I knew something was going on my whole family was talking about him just days before he passed. And the next day, I got a call from my cousin that he went on to his next life. My favorite uncle. I also had it with my cousin. I lived through cancer and he didn't but I knew, a month before. My cousin my age.Music came to my mind. I wanted to sing at the reuniuion. I didn't maybe this year I will. It is something that is given to you. Don't run away from it. It's a gift. Meditation helps clear your mind. Teresa

@stilldancing 98. thats mad, its so strange, maybe its a little compensation for having E or maybe its just part of it. A friend of mine tells me its a gift, i do struggle with it though, sometimes it would be nice not to know something, the dread waiting for it to happen even when im not sure exactly what it is. Mine usually is about my family and close friends, rarely me.
A couple of months ago it occured to me that a close friends father was going to die, i just knew it somehow, i tried to pass it off until she rang to say that a routine scan for a supposed back problem had shown cancer. it now turns out its everywhere and he is terminal. that scared me.

@sheripark, my neuro thinks mine is in the left temporal lobe although im not long diagnosed and still have to have an mri and meet him for a follow up. but the deja vu thing is huge with me, and hallucinating tastes smells sounds that arent there. ill often when im stressed get a cluster of olfactory hallucinations. Panic is a facet too, physical feelings of panic can be seizures, i was previously diagnosed with a panic disorder and it now seems it was at least partially my epilepsy.

I have been diagnosed "left brain" and I too have olfactory sensations often, every day actually.

Back
Top Bottom