They're creepy and they're spooky - Déjà Vu

Déjà Vu:

• What's a Déjà Vu?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have on and off my whole life. And it's so odd b/c I am SURE I've seen/heard something before and yet, I see/hear it again. I keep it to myself. I am sure people think I am crazy. I've wondered myself if I was crazy. :/

I use to get them when I was stressed out and didnt get enough sleep and was overworked, use to get them all the time in highschool, long before my first known seizure, since being medicated I rarely get them.
Wish the general public had more knowledge about deja vu's being related seizures, it was this site that taught me, theres so many things I learned here, that even my docs didn't tell me.

In fact, 5000+ miles away (in U.K.) while talking to a friend
of mine (we're all like one big family) - just spooked her out
when they didn't like the movie they were watching and all of
a sudden I just lapsed into a Déjà Vu and said "Independence
Day!" - and that was exactly what the Uncle had picked out
and inserted into the Blu-Ray player.
I thought Deja-Vu was when you feel like you've done the thing you are currently doing before when you never have. The first time I went to Disney World, I felt really strongly like it seemed so familiar and like I'd been there before but I never had.

from wikipedia:
"the feeling of certainty that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the prior encounter are unclear and were perhaps imagined. "

Last edited:
I find déjà vue to be a little disheartening in that, when I have one, I would bet on my life that I had been through that experience before. Knowing that they are simple partials, I then reflect back and realize it was all in my head. Still, it gets me single timeevery time.

Like most people, I have had them my whole life. They and other simple partials fascinate me. The human brain is amazing… and sometime full of faulty wiring.

Okay, that was weird. I was reading all of these, thinking, yes, I get deja vu, but not really 'psychic' ones. Then I looked out the window and wondered when our new neighbours were going to move in.
LITERALLY two second later, I heard the 'beep' of a reversing truck ... coming into the driveway of the neighbours. I'm still feeling FREAKED out!!!!

I have been to the neurologist once. I see him again this Thursday. I am trying to decide if the dream stuff I had as a kid is relevant and I should tell him about it or if I am reaching. I don't know if they would be deja vu or just wierd. I had three episodes last year that my neuro says are seizures. He started me on Topamax. So far he has been very good about listening to what I have to say. When I told him I saw and heard people who weren't there he didn't refer me to the shrink. He had me do a couple EEGS and an MRI.

When I was younger, up until my early twenties, I used to have these dreams that later would come true. Once I dreamt about a playground. About a month later it turned out to be the playground in the subdivision where our new house was. One of the last ones I remember, I think I was about 22 or 23 years old. I dreamt about a woman being held hostage in a mall. The next day the incident was on the front page of the paper. Some of the dreams were scary but most were fairly benign (about places).

Please advise. Thanks ... I am confused and I'm also anxious about my appointment on Thursday.

sounds like siezures to me. And personally I have had things happen but within a day or two. I think if I were you sjconner, I would take some deep breaths, write down what you want to ask your dr. And take a hot shower. You will feel better.Then write back. But tell him how you feel about it and that other epileptics have experienced the same thing. Teresa

Wow just trailing the web and found this.
I've been getting this all my life and I thought it was me.
The idiots called my doctors refuse déjà vu exists, despite me telling them.
Wow I'm gob smacked.

It's a shame mine hasn't always been positive things though.
Marriage
Divorce
Marriage
Kids x2 great kids
Fathers death

Most of his has been hidden away in my head for years, because whom would believe me.

Last edited:
The above sounds quite mad but it has helped me in my divorce, remarriage, my fathers death.
I have been getting flash backs since I was very young, all I can say is you get used to them and they help me prepare.

I don't always have a seizure when I have Deja vu, I've been on meds that have stopped the auras the started back when I stopped taking the med.

I would have Deja Vu during a simple partial, but I can also have it without. They feel different, though.

Usually when I have deja vue, it’s of the current place I am and the actions I’m doing. Lately though I have started having deja vue of my thoughts. It’s almost like I’m making up memories. Sometimes so are perhaps memories from dreams and others I know are not.

Back
Top Bottom