Thirsty?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mlbandura

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question that maybe some of you may be able to answer. Luke woke up this morning later than usual and took longer than usual to come around and be fully awake. When he woke up he was very thirsty, drank two whole cups of water, and went and layed on the couch. After about a 1/2 hour he started to be more alert and then he was fine. My first thought was seizure due to the tiredness. Has anyone or their children had extreme thirst after a seizure? Also, when I asked him how he felt when he woke up (headache, stomach ache, ect..) he said he woke up because it felt like someone was tickling his heart??? Should I be thinking seizure or maybe something else? Most of his seizures are at night.. he was having simple partials during the day but the new medicine has keep them away...

I sometimes get thirsty after a seizure but also remember that if he slept in he hasn't drunk or eaten anything for longer than normal.

I know quite often when I sleep in I don't eat on time I get a headache and even more lethargic which makes it even harder to get up and go eat.

I just know that it was off from his normal routine... but then again the last two weeks have been a mess... earthquake, hurricane and no power... I will put this in his journal for his Dr and when we see him again I will mention it... Its just so hard when you have to decipher and make a guess at what is going on....

Don't feel so bad, I was born with my seizures, have had them for longer than half a century & I still have to guess if they're involved in many things that concern me.

My guess is a seizure, before my son was diagnosed we noticed fatigue in the morning and tired more quickly, all of his seizures are nocturnal and we are pretty sure we were not lucky enough to catch the first one. I would call the doctor, I know in my case our doctor wants to hear about anything out of the ordinary as soon as it happens, when there is one there can be more. We usually have to go for a level check of his Keppra and then she determines how much to increase it by. Good luck and keep a close eye on your son the next few nights.

Back
Top Bottom