Time to yourself

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Melpier

New
Reaction score
how do you get time to yourself? I use one day a week to get up a few hours early. It's nice just to be able to chill and not have to worry about anything else. From what I've hear most people get this time in their drive to and from work. for those of use who can't drive it's a little more difficult

Yeah- that was always my time to destress. Driving down the road, music blaring- mostly it was my time to spend with God uninterrupted. I reallllyyy miss it. Doesn't work as well when you have an audience! I also have a lot of people living in my house (supposedly to "help" me :roflmao:) so even if I go to the bathroom, usually someone is knocking to see if I'm o.k. Lemme know if you figure something out. I used to go for walks on our property to chill out and think- but I'm afraid I'll get lost now. Wait, maybe that's not such a bad idea!!!??? :bigmouth:

Alone time is so important for me and many others. Although, some people have no need for it. My husband is such a dear but never understands that driving need to have a little space. I used to try and stay up later than everyone else and get it that way but now I do the same as you and rise earlier. Although I drive I am rarely alone because I have my little Rackels and that is fine with me! Hope you are able to find a way to feed that need for solace.

Be careful what you ask for you just may get it. I used to say I wanted to be a full time stay at home mom - but not 'til the kids were in school full time. Well now I am and I'm alone from 7:30 to 3:00 everyday. I'm starting to become quite a hermit. It's not as much fun as one may think.

We always wish what we don't have and crave that which is bad for us.

Time for grabbing special moments throughout the day, and treasuring them. My 20 yr old just became a Marine, and he too said, "I never appreciated what I had, until I didn't have it anymore."

I love my gratitude journal at the end of the day. Makes me focus on the simple pleasures.

Oh...that's an excellent question. I live with my mother-in-law and her 3 kids (2 teens and a seven year old), because she can't work due to a medical issue. So I've got plenty of stress on my plate. :) For me, I get me time by staying in my room. I have an adjoining bathroom and a TV...plus the kitchen is only steps away. But that's how I get my me time. Hubby sometimes worries because I'm also hard of hearing and I do tend to prefer being by myself to constantly asking people to repeat themselves, or realize that I'm not getting 1/2 of the conversations going on around me. I also have french doors in my bedroom that open directly onto the backyard (where the kids never really go) so I get plenty of me time. My hubby won't let me drive anymore while I'm pregnant, unless I take someone with...but before I get pregnant, I'd tell my MIL that I was going shopping, and she knew that that was also my me time.....I'd just wander around the stores.. :)

I love my me-time. Especially since we moved house a while ago and i have a bigger bedroom! I love to relax and just read a book, or nap or meditate or whatever. Just do my own thing basically. My old room only had space for a single bed and a tiny table for my tv. I could touch opposite sides of the room with my hands at the same time!

My mum and dad are away in Spain at the moment, and my brother works evenings whereas i mostly do days, so the evenings are my own at the moment.

I miss my 3-hour long bubble baths though, with a glass of wine and a good book - I just kept topping it up with hot water!

tell me your Rhea. my husband is very protective which is why I get up before he does. Who all lives with you. Sounds like you could us for them to back off a bit. I would sit them down and talk to them.get your time alone where you are still within ear shot of someone. (This is why I get up early, if I need him I just have to go into the bedroom) It's one of the sacrifices you make for getting to have epilepsy. Yeah!!! When I was a Kid my room was my sactuary but, It's just not the same when you are married

Time for yourself? What's that?

:huh:

Once I find out what it is ... I'll get back
to you!

:paperbag:

Back
Top Bottom