Tomorrow will be the last time..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tase37

New
Reaction score
That Jessica gets meds.. I have noticed changes already in her..she is more alert and stays awake longer, she also seems to be getting stronger! I guess the meds have made her tired and weaker! This is all happened just after giving her half of the usual amount..so I'm excited to see how she will be when it is completely off..also excited to see wil the seizures stay away or will they return!!:pop:

Thanks

I think I'm having mixed feelings.. I'm really happy but also worried and scared if they start up again.. but like the doc said: just take it one day at the time and every seizure free day is a blessing :)
What ever happens I just feel so blessed to be given this chance to see how she copes without the meds.. :)

It's always good to get a sense of what she's like "off-meds". As you can see, the effects of the meds are powerful, and if there's a chance for her to get by without them, that's terrific.

Yes I have been surpised on how powerful they really are.. she has changed so much and after tomorrow she will change even more.. thank you everyone for always listening to me..I know there are people out there who have things much harder than I have.. and I just wanted to share my feelings of being so blessed to be given this chance with little Jessie :)

fingers, toes and eyes crossed for nothing but good luck for Jessica :)

Thank you :)
So far so good .. no seizures so far.. and she has changed SO MUCH.. she is awake much more and her development is going forward really fast now bless her!

Just wanted to say how great things are going for you,my cousins child had a small stroke in the womb and was born epileptic as well as a few other troubles,so i can understand how happy you must be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tase,

It must be so joyful to see her with her mind clear. What new neat stuff is she doing?

I wonder if in her little head she notices the difference herself. I always wonder with the really little ones, but I think they are smarter than we know and they think about all kinds of stuff, just can't tell us about it. I bet at the very least she feels happier!

I am so happy for you, too. Here's to many joyful days....

Thank you so much :)
So sorry to hear about your friend whose baby has so many problems :( I hope they will slowly get sorted

Endless: Well she learnt to turn on her side 2 days after stopping meds and is generally more "solid" to hold :) she has now started to move both hands in front of her face and is grabbing toys..my hair..whatever she can lol x she is talking her own baby language alot more now and sometimes it's hard to get her to calm down and go to sleep..heh! When she was on meds she could hardly stay awake..
As her milk drinking became impossible..almost all the time drinking I am now putting her on solids..

That is great news that she is doing well and is much happier. As a mum with a young child with epilepsy I completely feel your joy! When we took our son of Tegretol we noticed a huge difference in his sleeping pattern in that he was much more alert and needed less sleep during the day. Our dr said the most worrying time for seizures returning is in the first 6 months so here's hoping she keeps going well and you get through the worry time easily and she can keep going ahead in leaps and bounds.

In the clinic where I work we have discontinued seizure meds for 30 children over the last year with one of them being my stepson. 29 have remained seizure free. Unfortunately, the one whose seizures returned was my stepson. However, 29/30 are very encouraging odds for all! Congratulations on your child's continued seizure-free days.

Thank you so much for the support both of you :)
Sorry to hear that your child was one of the rarer ones to get seizures again :( All I can do is hope and pray that they never return but I also live in the reality world that htey might return one day!

kelly d

I didn't know that the next 6 months are the normal time for seizures to return..thank you for that info!

I didn't either, he said if they will return it is most likely to happen then.

Back
Top Bottom