Trained dog calls 911

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
His owner was having a seizure

http://www.kpho.com/news/17467640/detail.html#-

I wonder if they could train a cat to do the same as I really don't like dogs. I did have a cat that used to answer my speaker phone when anyone called but he wouldn't talk to them or hang up the phone afterward. The same cat also turned my alarm clock off for me before the second beep, then if I wasn't up he'd come and sniff around my face, poke, prod and bite till I got up. Not sure why he stopped answering the phone but he stopped turning off the alarm after I bought a new one that you had to slide a button to shut it off rather than one where you had to just gently tap a button - its alot harder to turn of a slider by jumping on it, and probably much more uncomfortable

Last edited:
Hey DarkMark,

I saw that story too. Wasn't he amazing!! What a great companion and lifesaver!! My cats haven't done anything quite that amazing..other than kill a wasp here or there! Although they are a great comfort if I don't feel well..they seem to know. And they have also shut off my husband's alarm clock as well!! A number of times! Shepards in particular have such a keen sense and awareness..my sister's dog (a shepard mix) can always tell us when storms are coming..before they even arrive. Great story!

Michelle

Dogs are very intelligient you know!

I seen so many dogs save very many people's lives with epilepsy and other disorders too.
David

Back
Top Bottom