[News] UK - Animated Olympic Logo Triggers Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
UK - Animated Olympic Logo Triggers Seizures

This is for our members in the UK. The animated (moving) Olympic logo was causing seizures in some. It was used on the official Olympics website, but from what I read I think it branched out onto TV via ads and promotion campaigns. The non-animated logo seems to have no problems.

I don't know if the animated logo was ever used in other countries.

According to the article, the animated Olympic logo is no longer being used on the official Olympic website. In reading the article I'm not clear on whether the animated logo has been completely removed from TV, or the rest of the internet. In case you are photosensitive and have some TV DVR'd I thought I'd pass this along.

From the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6724245.stm

(posted per request of Endless)

Yeah I saw this in Canada, and it was really crazy with the rapid changing colours. So they pulled it last year, or the year before

i watched it there i dont really c anything in it that would effect ...... tho it was very colourful

Back
Top Bottom