Ummm....hi??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi! I'm need here....of course. I was diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy at the age 1. I had a friend come over one night and of course, we stayed up til around 3-4. Doesn't seem badd right? Well the next morning I had woke up and had myoclonic jerks. Not knowing what they I just shrugged them off and tried to head to the bathroom. I had fallen down several times and that's when my mom took me to the E.R though I insisted that I was okay. My grandpa was not home at the time along with my dad. My grandpa (as I've heard from before) drove as fast as he could to the hospital. My dad left work that day too. Well after I was tested and all that fun stuff they had given me Lamictal and started me off on 25mg. A couple weeks after my family and I went to Georgia for spring break and that's when I had my second seizure. Well my brother, being the loving little brother he was kept me in bed and went to get my mom. When we got back I had a grand-mal seizure. My left arm started to get all tingly and stuff and I couldn't move it. Well after I remember vaguely that I hadn't remembered anything of our trip. My mom told me that my sister had ran into her room crying cause she was so scared (only 7 at the time) my brother followed right behind trying not to cry either. I was uped to 200 mgs of lamictal and 50 mgs of Topamax to reduce the jerking but it hasn't worked. Whenever I move too fast or exercise too much I start jerking.

Hi Tmntlover96.

I'm assuming you meant "I'm new here". For a second I thought you were "in need". ;)
It is nice to meet you. I'm sure with much of this happening at 7 you were somewhat scared and confused. I haven't had any problems recently, but the last time things got a little rough for me, my wife was balling and that didn't leave me happy.
I've never had Myoclonic Jerks, nor have I ever taken those drugs, but I am very familiar with them. My wife was on both for a completely unrelated problem.
You will find many people here will understand what you are going though and I know you will feel very welcome here.

Welcome again.

Welcome to CWE.

This forum was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

My neurologist said that I am on two medicines for my jerking. Primidone is one, I believe the others are clonazepam and Lorazepam, (Ativan). Ask your doctor about those.

I am on a medicine for my Parkinson's that really stops the jerking but I do not know if it will work for seizures. It is carbodopa-Levodopa. Parkinson's Disease is different in how it works in the brain than Epilepsy.

Keep us updated.

This month of June my wife had 8 seizures (patial com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complex . 7/8 were during exercise. 3 were back to back. Suspecting acidosis we exercised less, hydrated more, and have completed 6 days yeah! With no seizures. We are studying effect of b6 deficiencies and excess acid in the body. Especially acid levels aggravated by the lactic acid generated from exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom