Update - Trileptal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to give everyone an update. My son has been diagnosed with a complex partial seizure disorder with secondary generalization. He has been taking Trileptal (brand name - not generic) for 16 days now and so far so good. He is not drowsy or tired and his cognition is normal.

I just wanted to let the other parents know as we were very apprehensive about starting him on any AED. I know that everyone's experience is different but I wanted to share some positive news. This may help allay the fears of any other parent out there about to start their child on an AED.

If you are another parent about to start on Trileptal, feel free to contact me.

This is good news! I'm so glad he is getting along on it. Is he up to his full theraputic dose?

That's great! Keep us posted.

Oh, just saw this. I'd love to compare experiences with you as my 12 yo daughter started it around the same time. This is her first AED. She started a generic Trileptal 300 mg twice daily on the day she had a very short 30 sec seizure and has had one since then, about 5 weeks after starting but she had stayed up late the night before with friends, and doc suggested maybe she forgot to take the pill and was afraid to admit it? so we change nothing at this point.
she also was diagnosed with partial complex, all I have really seen is some possible absence and T/Cs myself. There have been a few mood changes in my daughter over the last few months, but it was occuring before the med, I think, so I can't say there's been any noticeable difference linked to this med. She's taking a couple of others too.

Back
Top Bottom