vEEG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mr. Pibb

New
Reaction score
Well I'm off to have the study done, leave in a couple of hours as you see I am up sleep depo 101. Let you all know how it went when I get back

Jerry

8edbf029.jpg

Well this is one time I don't wish people
to seize - but in this case SEIZE AWAY
and hope it all gets recorded Jerry!

Hope you get some answers Jerry! :mrt:

I'm Back

Thankyou for keeping me in your prayers got back yesterday but I still feel out of it don't wish what I went through on anyone four siezures got recorded. VEEG, MRI,was injected with a dye for the last and they did a MRI that went 360 Degrees around my brain so there are several pieces of film to look at from several different test now its a waiting game and should have an answer if they can do surgery in about two weeks. I'll keep you posted Seizures lasted 1-3 mim. were mainly on my left side so the hope is that the activity is coming from one area i'll keep you posted as to the results of these test Jerry

Have they every discussed doing an MRA with you? This looks at the vascular system of the brain. Calcification and such can be a cause of seizures too.

further testing

The tests that I have had are to the best of my knowledge are all that I am scheduled for, if others are out there and the DR. decides that they are needed I will keep you posted. It is overwhelming the number of test that are out there eeg, veeg, spec scans, mri,mra and I am sure that others exist as well.

Jerry

If they were able to record while you were having seizures, there is a good chance they got the information they were hoping to capture with the tests.

Great to here from you Jerry. I am glad they were able to get what they needed, but sorry you had to undergo the seizures.

Keep looking up. We finally got spring, yours will be there soon.

Keep us posted Jerry, sounds like
things are going as it should!

Key Finding

EEG shows potentially epileptogenic abnormalities the right parietal - mid line parietal regions, consistent with partial seizure disorder .Dysrhythmia gr. 3, focal right parietal -midline parietal spikes ( asleep and awake ) EKG the recording took place and recorded 9Hz activity over the posterior head regions. focal spikes were present over the right parietal head regions on an occasion widespread distribution over the right parasagittal and mid line head region

This is info that they gave me that to be honest I don't know what it represents. They will hold a conference of Dr's. and that is to take place the 1st of May then I will find out if I am a candidate for surgery at that time.

vEEG RESULTS feedback helpful

Well I got the call today and this is what has been found out. My chance for surgery runs at about a 50/50 success rate / chance. What was found was that it was right side T.L. rather deep scar tissue caused more than likely from the car accident when I was a youngster age four, not scarlet fever age six. Area that sz’s occurred from is somewhat generalized. So they are looking to do some further testing if I decide that surgery is still an option. Here is what they have in mind they would need to open up my skull then implant some leads to that part of the brain affected for a two to five day time period testing would give everyone involved the most amount of information. So if anyone out there has gone through this testing was what he or she learned of any benefit pros or cons All thoughts treated with greatest respect.
Jerry

I personally would try neurofeedback first. You don't need to open up your skull for this treatment, and you will be amazed at the other positive results you will have from the therapy.

It is able to enhance brain function around damaged areas of the brain.

I was nervous at first, but all of my fears have been eliminated. It is by far the best choice I have made in regards to health. Rebecca might have been spared some of the heartache she has gone through if this had been offered instead of prescription meds.

Back
Top Bottom