Virtual Support Group

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone has ever gone to a virtual support for epilepsy? Since there are no local ones where I live. They all are in the city which is about an hour away. Someone knew of a virtual one and suggested that it might be something to try. The first meeting is on Tuesday, 11/21. It is held through Zoom. I've never used that before and I'm not sure how things work with it. Will you see everyone and talk with each other? I don't know how many people will be there. I don't know if the people on there will be from only around where I live or if they will be from all over. It's free, lasts an hour and you have to register before hand. I hope I registered in time, I only found out about it on Friday.

From what I've read about Zoom is that you do see everyone during it and be able talk with each other. My brother deals with computers and I know he'll be able to put Zoom on my computer and probably tell me how it works.

I thought it might be nice to try.

Sounds interesting. I might give it a try. Do you know the website or name of the meeting?

Hi valeriedl,

I was involved with a local Epilepsy support group in my home town and it was great. Everyone would get together and if someone needed
support or help in anyway those that could answer the questions were right there for that person. This was all before the virus broke out
and the group gave me some great help. When I was put down by a co worker who told me I should find another job with less stress after
having a seizure in the classroom. I called the group for advice on how to handle the matter and the next day I was called down to the
main office at school and to my surprise a lawyer was there and wanted to speak to me about what happened and I told him then a few days
later the co worker was fired and I didn't even ask for anything like that to happen.
The group didn't mess around when it came to discrimination and they were always there for a person day or night.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

By the sounds of things she wants to keep it local. In general I think she wants to keep them small. She lives on the western side of PA and I live on the east, pretty far from her, and she'd wondered how I'd heard about it. I told her it was from a counselor, who doesn't deal with epilepsy, I think she was surprised I did.

I want to become a part of a group who is not afraid to open up about the struggles they go through with dealing and coping with epilepsy and having to take medication

Hi Pavy,

Welcome to CWE! Everyone here has been a great friend and help to me and I've had seizures for 49 yrs. I think it's great how
you want to open up and be part of a group who isn't afraid to be open about the struggles people sometimes have with epilepsy.
Before I retired from public school I used to teach students and staff about epilepsy and then I would go to a college twice a yr.
and speak to students who were into neurology and tell them about it also but that came to a stop when the virus broke out.
Take my word everyone here is very kind and helpful. I've been on many forums over the yrs. but this is number ONE.

Wishing you only the Best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom