Visualization Techniques: Are you able to use them?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am unable to visualize..AT ALL. I can dream but I have no visual imagination during waking hours. Everything is black.

Apparently this is extremely uncommon, but I was wondering if it is more common in people with Epilepsy or if I just have a separate issue.

Are you able to visualize?
Is it easy for you?
If so, is it easy for you?

Last edited:
Cuppycake,

I have a lot of visual imagination, but since I have been taking epilepsy meds I have not been able to use visualization techniques to help with anxiety. Those techniques were helpful and I miss them.

Bidwell

Thanks for answering Bidwell..I'm sorry to hear that your visualization techniques are no longer working. May I ask if you have lost your visual imagination? Or is it just a matter of the visualizations not providing any relief from your anxiety?

Cuppycake

Cuppycake -- I do think I have lost my visual imagination. [ I really had to think about it.] I am a very visual person -- or at least that is what I say to myself. But it is in the looking and remembering what I have seen, especially color. [I love color.] And people's faces. But the imagination isn't there. It is hard for me to put myself in your place by imagining what you are experiencing with the blackness -- and yet I have a hint somehow. Take good care of yourself.And let me know if it changes for you! Bidwell

Back
Top Bottom