VNS Implant

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mari_pr

New
Reaction score
I need to know if someone know if a person gain weight, the communication of the stimulator and the programming wand will be affected?
My daughther's VNS implant is giving difficulties to connect with the computer. The VNS is under the muscle.

Thanks.
Mari

Sorry I didn't have that experience when it was working.

Also mine was placed under my left arm.

Riva

The depth and or/location can pose a problem for communications with the wand. I have heard for someone who had to have to their unit moved because of this issue.

Placement of the unit is not always the one suggested by the manufactor, Cyberonics.

Hi Mari, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I don't have any experience with the VNS, but BB & PP both do. You might also try BB's VNS Message Board if you have questions specific to it.

A lot of people on the "seizure control diets" (ketogenic, modified atkins, low glycemic index) report losing weight on the diets. It's good for weight control and seizure control. :twocents:

Back
Top Bottom