VNS

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hi

welcome RG ! it is comforting to hear others success stories once in a while. i too also had problems with building tolerances to medications so the vns was kind of my " last hope" i'm glad it worked for your husband and hope it continues to do so.

We are new here and have also noticed that people tend to respond to VNS forums when they have had a negative experience. Like the last few posters, we would like to change that and report that the VNS treatment has been working well so far.

Boy aint' the truth!

The reason that happens, is when VNS is working well for them, they pick up the pieces of their lives and begin to live again! And it feels great when that happens. Few people come back to keep encouraging those who really need it.

We have quite a few success stories on my site and they pop in with updates.

Those who do not share the same succes find comfort in knowing they are not alone. They are not crazy or imagining their side effects.

Succes means different things to different people. For some, just reducing the number of seizures is enough, for others, it's being medication free. But no matter, we wish those who do choose VNS all the success they can acheive.

VNS -positive experience

I know, we are all so desperate to gain some control over our lives. Though VNS hasn't gotten rid of my seizures completely, I do have some control over them now that I have the VNS. Since I have auras before the seizures I have been able to stop many of them by using the magnet. The way I look at it, though I'm not completely seizure free, it has bought some time for me and maybe down the road it won't be so risky to go through brain surgery.
I hope and pray that everyone here finds a solution to stopping their seizures. RG

Boy aint' the truth!

The reason that happens, is when VNS is working well for them, they pick up the pieces of their lives and begin to live again! And it feels great when that happens. Few people come back to keep encouraging those who really need it.

We have quite a few success stories on my site and they pop in with updates.

Those who do not share the same succes find comfort in knowing they are not alone. They are not crazy or imagining their side effects.

Succes means different things to different people. For some, just reducing the number of seizures is enough, for others, it's being medication free. But no matter, we wish those who do choose VNS all the success they can acheive.
[/quote]

vns

Like bunkers 1 I have had much the same expereance but it just made it posable to find combanation of medaction that would control them that was untill the battey died. Then we had to go through the slow proses of making ajustments. It has been a big leap to getting my life back on track. I would say the only lasting negetive afect has been that I youst to a good singer

Back
Top Bottom