Vomited all of Clobazam

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

donnajane

New
Reaction score
My 28month old totally refused his Clobazam tonight and when we hid it in chocolate he vomited it back up. We could clearly see the half tablet he has.

Just wondering could this mean he may have more seziure activity tonight and tomorrow as he had none of his dose. He had already had his usual tegretol dose around 20minutes before and don't think any of that came up.

Donna

How soon after he got it did he vomit? My guidelines for my infant daughter were always if they vomited within 30 minutes of dosing to give it again, otherwise wait until the next dose.
Unfortunately if he missed a dose, it could go either way-he could definitely have more seizure activity as a result of the missed dose, but he could just as easily have none (some kids bodies seem able to cope with a missed dose but others are not so lucky). I hope you have a peaceful night and no extra seizures.

I hope he does okay without it. Can you get in touch with his doctors for guidance on what to do when/if this happens again? Also ask if there's an easier form for him to take it in.

Thanks for the info. He was jerking a lot in his sleep last night but thankfully not the diaphragmatic seizures which use to occur regularly that eventually he would wake up distressed, only to have him settle then them happen again, to see him go through them was distressing for us as well. So ingeneral an OK night.
He was super active today and he is so strong now that at times we struggled with him but thankfully again no more events than usual.
I will check with the next dr we see re if we should give the dose again.
Donna

Back
Top Bottom