Was it a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

monjanse

New
Reaction score
When i was a child, i had abcence seizures. I grew out of it. But in 2008 a eeg test showed epileptogenic activity in my brain. On saturday, i experiensed something scary. It started with a little dizzyness, like the wall was spinning. Then a scary dreamworld dying feeling came. This lasted around 7 seconds. Could this be a seizure?

Not everybody has the same seizure experiences. It is certainly possible that you had one. Or maybe you had an anxiety attack while thinking about the possibility of having one.

The only way to know for sure is to see a neurologist.

Hi monjanse --

It's hard to know for sure. Make a note of it, and keep track of any other unusual sensations or symptoms. If they seem to be increasing or progressing in terms of frequency or kind, get in touch with your neurologist. Also, it doesn't hurt to take a close look at your overall health -- sleep habits, diet, exercise, etc. -- to see if there's anything that might have triggered the dizziness.

Back
Top Bottom