weakness in right leg when standing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

donnajane

New
Reaction score
Sorry yet another question. This may not be realted to his events/seizures but thought I would ask on here as its amazing how much I am learning. We have been seing the osteo to help with my sons development. Hoping he can help him go from pulling himself along, often dragging left leg and tucking left arm in, to crawling. When the oseto was doing some "tests' with him he found my son isn't able to transfer weight into his right leg. He tested this by holding him under his arms to support him while he was standing and slowly rocking him a little to one side then the other. He was easily able to transfer wieght onto his left leg but his right just collapsed. He can stand up with us supporting him or leaning onto a play table, he also loves to bounce around when we hold him under his arms and has been doing this for almost 6months, but osteo is concerned as this could affect him in learning to walk. The Osteo asked if his Nureo had done any similar tests which he hasn't so has said he will let his nureo know in the near future if it doesn't improve as this could be another piece of the "puzzle" in working out what is going on with my son. He has given us exercises to do with him to encourage him to transfer the weight into his right leg.
In general I think he is improving but that may be because the events/seizures which caught your eye due to their physical nature, the Shudder Syndrome one, are only happening every now and then instead of up to 150 times a day. He still has his other ones. Today he had a large "vague out" while I was holding him up standing to play he stopped playing and slowly went down like a toy who's batteries had gone flat, then just as suddenly came up and was OK again. His Nureo says he doesn't know what these are as so far he has had 4 clear EEG's.
Donnajane

If you have any thoughts on this please let me know. Our little man had a shocking day yesterday and could barely stand with support, was pulling his left ear and punching it, was agitated and had quite few longer "vague" outs as well as lots of times when he seemed he couldn't control his arms. It was 36 degress C outside but luckily only 26 inside so not sure if the heat had anything to do with it. I was waiting all day for something "really bad" to happen with his "events/seizures" but thankfully it didn't come. Today he is having a good day, still a few events but only small. Osteo has aksed me to mention to his Nureo re the weakness in his R leg and I will also mention yesterday but I think its going to be wait and see still. He saw our GP today and he said developmentally he's around 9 almost 10months although he's just on a year old. He also said not to worry he can catch up but with all thats going with him it does makes us wonder a bit.
Donnajane

Back
Top Bottom