Wet the bed

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
At the beginning of the month I woke up at 7am to take my meds and the bed was wet. I realized that I must have had a seizure in my sleep and peed myself. My dad got up about 15 minutes later, luckily I didn't have to wake him. We pulled everything off the bed. He threw it in the washing machine while I took a shower. Made the bed with some other sheets and I went back to sleep.

This was when I realized I was having seizures in my sleep. I don't know how long I've been having the sleep seizures though. I think I only peed myself during a seizure once when I was awake though.

At the end of the month I woke up at about 11pm and felt that I had peed the bed again. Luckily my dad hadn't gone to bed yet so we redid the whole process that we'd done before redoing the bed.

So now I'm sleeping with pads under me in bed in case I do it again. It was pretty funny hearing my dad asking me to wear depends though "There's diapers you can wear. They're diapers, not like diapers little kids wear, these diapers are made for adults"

Hi Valeriedl,

I'm sorry to hear that you wet the bed I hope it doesn't happen anymore. When I was having seizures in my sleep I didn't realize it until my neuro did a sleep study on me along with an e.e.g. and e.k.g. all at the same time. It was then that the Dr. found out that 1-2 hrs. before I would wake up in the morning I was having seizures in my sleep. You may want to contact your Dr. and ask for a sleep study to be done like I had done. Once I started taking vimpat I no longer had seizures in my sleep (thank goodness).
Do you ever wake up in the morning feeling exhausted like you didn't get any sleep or confused like you don't realize what's going on for a few seconds. These were the signs I was having. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

He had said about maybe doing some changes to my meds or my VNS. I might consider doing it but I'm going on a cruise at the end of the month and I don't want to have major side effects because of what was done.

Hi. Sorry to hear that happened. I've wet myself during complex partials at least 9 or 10 times during complex partials. This started just a few years ago. Now, I wear protection when going certain places just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom