What is your aura like?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I'm just curious what people's auras are like. How much warning do you have? Do you have enough time to get yourself in a safe spot?

My own aura is an acute ringing in my right ear. If it gets loud enough, there I go! (Incidentally, I have neurological hearing loss.) I usually have some 30 seconds to a couple of minutes to drop everything immediately and sit down.

What have you done to make it go away, if you can do that?

Replies would be appreciated. May be an interesting topic for a survey.

Thanks, John

These happen several hours before a seizure. Sometimes it is an oval gray spot in the lower right side of my visual field. First time I saw it I thought there was something on the wall, but it moved! Then I realized only I was the one seeing it.

Sometimes with impending seizures, a slight tremor begins in my right hand, and will progress up my arm.

And other times I just feel it coming on, and like you have about 30-60 seconds to get to a safe place.

Rebecca has about 3 sec. She tells me her thoughts are all jumbled, so there is no connection between thought and reaction. No time to sit down. Luckily she tends to crumble prior to seizure, instead of becoming rigid and then going down.

Luck? Did I say luckily? I guess there are postives to everything, we only have to search.

My Aura(s) - depending on the type of
seizure(s) that will come:

Smelled electrical burning, felt rising inside of me,
felt like I was leaving my body, the blue light dot
light for a split nanosecond or kaleidoscopic lights;
having all kinds of weird tastes – even taste of
pickles which I abhor so greatly. Wasn’t getting
my words in order or making sense, slurring of
words. Seeing things that were not there,
Distortion of vision, Hearing things that are not.

NOTE: Not all my seizures have AURAS!

NOTE: Not all my seizures have AURAS!
that is good to know Sharon, as I have been trying to figure Rebecca's out. She has loss of memory before and after, so creating a recall journal, hasn't been effective.

auras

I personally do not have auras that I know of. Bern has noticed that I smell like blood before a seizure. This would explain the many seizures I've had and been on my period. People have walked up to me and told me things like, "..you have the most beautiful pink aura." My sister told me I had a blue aura. I have no idea. I'm working on de-stressing regularly. I'll keep you guys posted.

What is your aura like?

Well I used to have auras when I was younger. They would come on like a dizzy spell. I would start to feel nauseous. I would always have the urge to vomit, but never did. Each time I would tell people I'm going to get sick, but never did.

As I got older I had fewer and fewer auras. Eventually I stopped having them. Now my seizures come on to fast to predict them.

I had a picture taken of my personal aura:

Attachments

• Robin's Aura.jpg
    Robin's Aura.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 35
I had a picture taken of my personal aura:

Robin ;) Orange personalities are the creative adventurers in the color spectrum. They have an inner urge to be creative

you have a nice aura :)

:rock:

I personally do not have auras that I know of. Bern has noticed that I smell like blood before a seizure. This would explain the many seizures I've had and been on my period. People have walked up to me and told me things like, "..you have the most beautiful pink aura." My sister told me I had a blue aura. I have no idea. I'm working on de-stressing regularly. I'll keep you guys posted.

stacy, your auras meaning :brock::star:Blue - Strong mental powers, intelligence, logical thinking. Clear blue shows intuitive capabilities; "out of the blue." Dark shades show over analytic, suspicious nature or visionary mentality.
AND Rose Pink - Selfless love, gentleness, modesty.

angel online psychic :star::D:rolleyes::star::adore:

please send :ponder: :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::

auras

I must be other than pink. I'm not modest. I do have selfless love and gentlesness (sometimes, when I'm not yelling. :) )

stacy, your auras meaning :brock::star:Blue - Strong mental powers, intelligence, logical thinking. Clear blue shows intuitive capabilities; "out of the blue." Dark shades show over analytic, suspicious nature or visionary mentality.
AND Rose Pink - Selfless love, gentleness, modesty.

angel online psychic :star::D:rolleyes::star::adore:

please send :ponder: :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::

Has any research been done to show that certain personality traits tend to have more seizures?
I heard on the news today that women that hold in their emotions tend to physically have more heart troubles. Not just broken hearts, but heart problems.

Has any research been done to show that certain personality traits tend to have more seizures?
I heard on the news today that women that hold in their emotions tend to physically have more heart troubles. Not just broken hearts, but heart problems.

I was givin this to read from husband his counsler gave it to him. so i guess what you heard about heart attacks also pertains to men:)

http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2007/edition_06-17-2007/Emotions

guess what, guys? The science of the past decade has demonstrated that love, companionship and community are woven deeply into our DNA. Emotional connection is a biological imperative, and we pay a high price for ignoring it. Isolation is what’s unnatural—and deadly.

Men who have heart attacks and go home to empty houses and a high level of stress are four times more likely to die within the first few years. In fact, for the most isolated among us, the risk of premature death from any cause is up to five times higher. One study shows that your mood in your 20s is 80% predictive of your risk of getting Alzheimer’s in your 80s.

please send .......

So my aura is a kaleidoscopic lights,
so how do you interpret that one?

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

And sometimes it's a tiny dot about the
smaller than the size of the letter "o" that's
nearly pure turquoise, that comes in a split
nano-second and when that one happens
I usually have a seizure coming shortly.

There's your pocket change!

:lol:

Gee - if that were true - I'd be dead;
YEARS AGO!

:eek:

Brain: So my aura is a kaleidoscopic lights,

That picture of my aura was taken with a special camera that picked up the color surrounding me. Others with me that night were totally different and were right in their description. Quite a fascinating image, one that I didn't know existed prior to a year ago.

So my aura is a kaleidoscopic lights,

And sometimes it's a tiny dot about the
smaller than the size of the letter "o" that's
nearly pure turquoise, that comes in a split
nano-second and when that one happens
I usually have a seizure coming shortly.

There's your pocket change!

:lol:
what are the main colors you see:)

Back
Top Bottom