what kind of pain can it cause coming off a med?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tase37

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I would really appreciate it if those who have come off meds or changed them if you could tell me what aches and pains it caused? Thank you!

Hi tase! :) For me, the worst pains when I wean off meds or change them are powerful headaches. What pains are being caused by your med changes? Take care!

Some headaches, but for me, the worst was increased seizures. That wasn't fun.

Hiya and thanks for replies :)

I don't have epilepsy but my 3 month old baby is now coming off meds as she has been seizure free for over a month.. she seems to have more wind and tummy pains and she is restless and angry!

I think because AEDs have a sedative effect, it must be hard for a little kid to re-adjust once that sedative is removed.

Last night she hardly slept at all..she has strong crying fits with forceful jerks ( not seizures ) her problems are getting worse all the time.. I might take her to the doc this morning just to be on the safe side! She is deffinetly crying in pain and it's hard to comfort her..I feel so hopless at the moment!She is sound a sleep and then she suddenly wakes up screaming and crying.. :( poor little thing

It seems like the doc could withdraw her much more slowly. MUCH more slowly.

Well..I was in A & E with Jessica this am..she isn't suffering with withdrawal symptoms thank god but she has a tummy bug :(

I wonder if the withdrawal made her more vulnerable to the tummy bug, or if they were completely unrelated. I guess there's no way to know for sure. Anyway, I'm glad you got some help for her, and I hope she's feeling better soon.

That tummy bug is going around. All over the world.

Give your baby another hug for me.

THanks guys :agree:
This is the second time that it came in to our house :( Jessica didn't get it first time round but second time round got it :( luckily she was sick only once and had a bit of a runny tummy..today seems fine...I was very lucky and didn't get it at all..:) My sister ended up in hospital for 2 days when she had it..:(

Back
Top Bottom