What's your favorite...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Originally Posted by epileric:

What's your favorite...

Movie?

1st: Les Visiteurs, the original, not in English; also, The Big Lebowski, The Full Monty, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Dirty Dancing, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and The Princess Bride.

TV show?

Psych, and Parenthood, with which I have a strange fascination

Web show?

Web show?

Music genre?

Classic Rock, (which now spans about half a century according to music stations), but I also like most classical and some country

New gadget (even if you don't have it)?

I like my cell phone because it's red.

Radio station (online radios count)?

I don't have time to listen to the radio.

Website other than CWE?

westlaw

Hobby?

sleeping

Book/Author?

J.R.R. Tolkien - everything middle-earth

Magazine?

Whatever's at the dr.'s office

_

If I were one of the Seven Dwarves, I would be Snarky. Or maybe Sleazy, I can't decide...

:clap: Oh that is just great.

I would be Snarky Dwarf definitely - I always start out trying to be pleasant, but then I relax and....

What's your favorite...

Movie?
The Wizard of Oz, Shawshank Redemption

TV show?
House, NCIS and a few others

Web show?
None

Music genre?
Classic Rock, Dave Matthews Band (I actually got to meet Dave at the last concert!!!)

My new computer, Palm Pilot (I'd be lost without that thing) and my SlapChop

Local classic rock station

Website other than CWE?
Facebook, YouTube

Hobby?
Crochet, Crosswords, puzzle books and reading

Book/Author?
Steven King, Thomas Harris and alot of others (I read alot)

Magazine?

Marie Clare, Readers Digest

You have to love The Wizard of Oz.

I profess to not like House or Lie to Me, unless, of course, somebody else is watching, then I will find some reason why I don't have anything better to do.

What's your favorite...

Movie?
I watch the odd movie, but it's rare for anything to sink in; they just don't seem to be anything to get excited about by and large. I have to confess a soft spot for some of the old kung fu movies and spaghetti westerns (for being entertaining and action-packed without relying on masses of exaggerated CGI). I seem to remember liking Lawrence of Arabia quite a lot (though it's so long since I saw it I'm not sure if I would now), and have some fondness, at least, for the LOTR movies, because they needed to be made, and somehow managed to avoid spoiling what was best in the original books for a change, even if they did get slightly hollywood-ised in the conversion. That'll do for now. :)

TV show?
I hardly watch TV! I don't even have one at present! I think the only kind of program that would be likely to engage my attention for very long would be some kind of decent documentary program on science, culture, travel, or history.

Web show?
These exist? ;)

Music genre?
Might listen to the better oldie rock and pop if I felt in the mood, otherwise Classical/art music, "World" music, Indian classical (which I've decided to define as a separate genre to "world" because it is, and I felt like it ;) ) and anything interesting in the experimental/alternative/crossover sphere. A lot of rap and contemporary commercial rock and pop really needs to get a life, or if not, die. (IMHO, of course, in case you happen to be a fan!) Listening to it does unmentionable things to my insides, anyway. :(

Any machine that makes coffee, doesn't have to be the latest model with bells, whistles, microchips, and hologramatic display beverages, as long as it fulfils the essential function of producing tasty hot caffinated beverage within a reasonable time period.

Haven't been listening to radio much lately... strange actually, I used to a lot. If I do, the most likely ones are one of the BBC national stations: Radio 3 or 4, possibly radio 2 if I felt in the mood; perhaps 5 Live if I decided I cared about some sporting event (can't tolerate their inane chatter or rolling news bulletins for long though).

Website other than CWE?
I post on a psychology related forum (based on Jungian cognitive functions, the MBTI, and Enneagram) sometimes. Otherwise I mostly like to look up and read about interesting stuff, whereever I find it. Wikipedia is useful and convenient, though sometimes horribly unreliable and prejudiced in its views. Probably depends what person with an axe to grind edited the article last, and whether anyone else came along to correct them yet. ;)

Hobby?
Do I have hobbies? Hmm... I play a rather esoteric range of percussion instruments to a decent standard, mostly Indian instruments such as the Tabla; I've also been learning Irish stuff more recently, though I'm a bit handicapped by the lack of a teacher. I also write songs, poems, etc and have some passable ideas for novel length fiction that I need to spend a lot of time on to make anything of... I would probably be playing in a band at the moment if I knew anyone suitable round here to collaborate with, or attempting to create music myself if I had the necessary audio equipment, software, and expertise, but sadly I don't. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to have more ideas than application, or maybe I could actually make a decent income out of this sort of stuff. I suppose it will have to be put into the "hobbies" category for now though.

Book/Author?
Ack! I can't answer this, really. I'm too omnivorous to have favourites; I might end up just listing every book I ever enjoyed in some way more or less indiscriminately, so I'd better give this a miss!

Magazine?
*tries to remember the last time I read a magazine, or what it was about*

I think I just tend to look things up on the web these days. The last magazine I had a subscription to was the London Review of Books (for Americans, it's essentially the UK version of the New York Review of Books) but reading it was getting to be an increasing chore, so I eventually cancelled.

Last edited:
my list are pretty short. What's your favorite...

Movie? fight club, and american pschyo,

TV show? house md. californication, united states of tara.

Web show? nope

Music genre? I will listen to pretty much anything

New gadget (even if you don't have it)? not a gadget person

Radio station (online radios count)? i miss my car radio, and i miss being able to drive.
but of course, being a motorcycle person, you give up the radion and you learn to do without. I live in a very quiet world.

Website other than CWE? http://theawesomer.com/ Bikeforums.net

Hobby? I ride my bike.

Book/Author? snow crash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash

Magazine? pretty much anything with a bicycle on the cover.

:clap: Oh that is just great.

I would be Snarky Dwarf definitely - I always start out trying to be pleasant, but then I relax and....

and I will gladly take sleazy dwarf.

Granted I am a really really nice guy and there are no drugs or booze or anything. Pretty much every things else is a act. But I do help old ladies across the street.

Aww Court, I can totally picture you helping old ladies across the street.

So we've got Grumpy, Sleazy and Snarky cast, anyone have any other dwarves they want to claim? Swanky? Skanky? Stabby? Twitchy -- that's all of us probably. NOT Doc.

I dub thee Tipsy. (And we can have more one than Tipsy dwarf. We all see double from time to time.)

So we've got Grumpy, Sleazy and Snarky cast, anyone have any other dwarves they want to claim? Swanky? Skanky? Stabby? Twitchy -- that's all of us probably. NOT Doc.

:roflmao:

Does one know if one is Skanky Dwarf.......

I didn't think I was until I went to the school open house and they gave the parents a lecture on how not to let their kids dress. Now I am not sure. :ponder:

we have noticed this morning I have dress the way for the past ten years, I just moved to the same climate zone. It works for some people. Thats why most people have noticed my style never changes.
we blame it on being forced to wear uniform in school from from second grade till I graduated.

I am Slinky Dwarf!

It's not because I wear sexy lingerie or lace-top stockings. It's because I go head over heels a lot.

Here's a link instead of an embed (faster):

Last edited:
Slinky! I love it!

All together now:

What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs
and makes a slinkity sound?
A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing!
Everyone knows it's Slinky.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky,
It's fun, it's a wonderful toy.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun,
It's a wonderful toy.
It's fun for a girl or a boy.

Who walks the stairs without a care
It shoots so high in the sky.
Bounce up and down just like a clown
Everyone knows its Slinky.

What's your favorite...

Movie? 12 Angry Men (great old movie about a jury deliberating)

TV show? current: Big Bang Theory older: M*A*S*H or Cheers

Web show? Duh! I am almost 50.

Music genre? Rock, oldies, limited country, jazz, NO rap

New gadget (even if you don't have it)? The TVs that can be linked to your computer. I would love to surf the web on a 52" flat screen from my recliner.

Radio station (online radios count)? 95.7 talk radio; 202.fm the Eagle on-line

Website other than CWE? thereifixedit.com, fantasy sports leagues

Hobby? used to be basketball, now nothing in particular (boring life)

Book/Author? The Mouse that Roared or Don Quixote USA - Two satires by Wibberly, also most non-fiction history

Magazine? reader's digest

_

that's mine

I get Doc since I used to be an EMT or I could go with Smarty (a**).

Twitchy suits me well. I'm never relaxed, I'm always tapping a foot or a finger.

Back
Top Bottom